Dihydrogen Monoxide

Discussion in 'Skincare Reviews' started by sol92258, Feb 2, 2009.

1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Dihydrogen Monoxide
    I got to thinking and realized that probably our most important shaving product has yet to be reviewed - Dihydrogen Monoxide.
    DHMO is a crucial element to wetshaving, whether you use a straight, DE, or latest multi-blade cartridge contraption. (Warning: DHMO does not work well with many electric shavers, though some have been designed to accomodate DHMO)
    This versatile product has so many uses outside of shaving as well, but we're only interested in its properties as they relate to our stubble reduction here.
    When heated, DHMO makes for wonderful pre-shave prep routine. In fact, some more neanderthal-like shavers stop their prep there and start scraping their face, presumably with seashells, unless they're unlucky and have to resort to a Mach9.
    DHMO is useful for not only softening your facial hair, but also the hair of your favorite shaving brush, by some amazing chemical reaction causing the hairs to "bloom" and take in necessary moisture for making lather.
    When added to your favorite shave soap or cream, DHMO literally causes an explosion of rich, dense lather, and unleashes the true aroma of these fine products we so love.
    DHMO is even useful for cleaning your razor between passes.
    Not only that, after you are finished, you can even use it for cleaning up the excess and leftover lather you made earlier.
    Your significant other will appreciate DHMO's usefulness for cleaning the sink and surrounding counter space following your shave, as well.

Price - For a reasonable monthly subscription fee, you can get a constant supply of DHMO delivered right to your house month after month. Some folks have such conditions in their area that DHMO gets adversely affected, and they must get their DHMO that has been bottled and filtered from contaminates, but those are the exception and not the rule.
    Quality - as stated in price, DHMO quality can vary from place to place, but is generally high quality wherever it is located in it's "unused" state (for example, DHMO can be found in your toilet, but I wouldn't recommend it to be used in your shaving regimen)
    Performance - this is the All-Star performer of all you products, it literally puts the "wet" in "wetshaving"; if the polls allowed, this one would go to 11
    Usefulness - as with performance, the polls limitations do it no justice - a 12; every aspect of your shaving routine is benefitted from DHMO
    Durability - If DHMO has any flaws for the wetshaving routine, it is in it's ability to "evaporate", meaning the products you add it to may need a refresh with more DHMO, depending on how long you take to shave, but it's not a real problem, because as previously stated, it is readily available
    Packaging - the ultimate "green" product, it is literally "piped" straight into your residence, no trash to throw away, no landfills getting over-filled, another 11 on the poll.
    Scent - it's not in the review poll, but the scent of DHMO is another great feature, it's unscented, and will not adversely affect the scent of your favorite lathering product, in fact it may enhance it.

I highly recommend DHMO in your shaving procedure, however, there are, of course, warnings: (this is NOT an exhaustive list, but these are the most critical ones to be aware of when using DHMO for wetshaving):
    -may cause burns
    -accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals (be sure to get all of it off your razors when finished shaving)
    -has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients
    -death can occur by intentional or accidental inhalation or ingestion of DHMO, even in small quantities (no matter how tasty it looks, don't drink your lather, Doug!)
    -DHMO has been found in acid rain

Still, despite these and it's many other risks, the benefits of using DHMO are far greater and you should immediately add it to your shave den if you haven't already.

2. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Awesome review Jim! I totally agree, and must say that I, too, use DHMO on a daily basis. And the best thing is you don't have to order it over the internet! Unless you want to, of course.

We could try to get a group buy going..... :rolleyes:

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I like mine frozen w/ a splash of bourbon!

4. Crappy

Crappy Member

As invaluable as this stuff is, I've still been flushing it away for my entire life.

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I prefer mine in liquid form and full of feeding trout.

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Clears the Sinuses too.

I just wish I could decant it into one of my Old Spice containers.

7. JimR

JimR Active Member

I'm afraid I must disagree. Don't you know how many people die each day from misuse of this chemical? And how much damage it does to property? My god, how can you recommend such a horribly dangerous thing! Won't somone think of the children!!!

8. Milton

Milton New Member

Man, just make sure you get some from a good supplier. My local source loads up mine with hard minerals and other nonsense. The price is good, but the quality is lacking. I either have to get the good stuffed shipped in or make do with the local stuff.

9. mercV12

mercV12 Member

I drink 8 glasses a day ! mmmmmmmmmmmmm :happy005: laugh042

10. Crankymoose

Crankymoose Member

I been told mine is pretty good :happy102 but it goes right through me or if I splash it on it comes right off, Price is reasonable though, for best results when taken internally dilute with 90% Crown Royal and an ice cube :D

11. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

I've had better results with an Islay Single Malt, myself... but YMMV :D

12. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Try it in a bong. It will blow your mind.

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Michael Phelps did! :happy088

14. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Pack em full of snow or fill with chilled vodka. This is what I've heard, I skipped that part of college.

Michael Phelps is cool, now.

15. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Who do you think gave him the bong in the first place?

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

niiiiice :D

17. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Yeah, me too.

18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

DHMO has been found to be the primary component of all cancerous tumors. I recommend everyone stop using DHMO immediately.

19. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I don't know about you guys, but I have found that mine can be very drying! The scent leaves much to be desired. Honestly, it just takes on the scent of whatever product I use with it. And don't get me started on the lack of longevity! I can't even smell it when I splash it on!!!! If only Tabac had this minimal of a scent!:D