Discontinued US Palmolive Lather Shaving Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by AJ72, Sep 21, 2008.

1. AJ72

AJ72 New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum and relatively new to wet shaving. I'm in search of something important to me. I've posted this thread on another forum and got some help from a friendly user. Anyway, I've been searching the web for this discontinued product and can't find any stock anywhere. My father used this cream exclusively for over 40 years. I still remember the scent even though I haven't smelled it in a couple of years. Although searching past threads on several forums I've noticed that the scent is not that popular with most users, but for me it's priceless. If anybody has some of this cream that they want to sell or if anybody knows anybody, please let me know. If you prefer to trade instead of sell, I have some European Palmolive I can trade for them. I want this cream more for nostalgic/sentimental reasons than any other reason and would only use it once every two months to preserve it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
    Anthony

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

3. AJ72

AJ72 New Member

Thanks apswartz,
    I just clicked on your link and found everything out of stock. Thanks anyway. If anyone else can help I would appreciate it.

Regards,
    Anthony

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Sorry.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Anthony, hi, and welcome to the group! :) For me anyway, US Palmolive cream is good stuff, but it doesn't compare to the European version. I find the US cream has a very sour kind of scent, although the lather is good, but even there, the Euro cream lathers much better and richer, and smells clean, and very pleasant. The US version seems to lack in skincare, because many times after I shaved with it, I couldn't wait to moisturize my face, but with the Euro cream, my skin feels very well-cared for, and irritation-free. I still won't insult the US cream, but I also wouldn't run after it either. I guess it's all a matter of personal taste and feeling.

6. AJ72

AJ72 New Member

Thanks Jeff,
    You're probably right. I'm not looking for it for shave quality though. It's more sentimental than anything else. I smelled this shave cream throughout my entire childhood when my dad used to use it and now that I started wetshaving, I want to keep a small stash of what my dad used for so long.

Thanks,
    Anthony

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Anthony, give me til Wednesday--if I can find the unstarted tube of it I think I still have, I'll be glad to send it to you! ;)

8. AJ72

AJ72 New Member

Thanks Jeff! Let me know. I can send you a tube of European Palmolive in exchange.

Regards,
    Anthony

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Anthony!

I remember someone buying a truckload of this cream when it became known that it would be discontinued. I sent him an email about this thread. Hopefully, he'll be able to respond.

10. AJ72

AJ72 New Member

Thanks JoAnna!
    Let me know if you hear anything.

Anthony

11. Queen of Blades

Haven't heard anything yet.

I'll try again.

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hi Anthony - I think I have a tube of this buried somewhere :D

Sending PM

13. Queen of Blades

and there he is now. :happy088

14. AJ72

AJ72 New Member

Thanks JoAnna and Joe! PM sent.

Anthony

15. Will

Will Nevermind

Dude, I thought you bought a grip of that stuff from E bay?

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

That's correct, I did. Most of it; however, was used in a barter. Back in my "prime", if you will, my shave stock experienced quite a bit of turnover.

17. Will

Will Nevermind

Gave out some freebies eh?

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I have been known to give some freebies :D

In this case, however, I did receive goods in exchange for said items.

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Was it as uber rare as the elusive red tube US palmal?

Better then Ivory??? :1respect

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

[​IMG]

Hey, they don't call me TraderJoe for nuthin' :D