Disturbing News

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Michael, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Jo

Jo,
    Did you check out the announcement I put in my gallery? Jack and I renewed our vows last year around this time. I need a better pic. of him, though. You can only see the side of his face, but can you tell I am in love?

:)'s Elizabeth

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Just looked at it.

Very nice! Congratulations, even if it's a bit late!

And, yes, I can tell you are in love. ;)

I see hubby is a substance abuse counselor. :eek: He's not allowed to sign up at TSD. We like our ADs! :rofl AD = Acquisition Disorder

3. AD

Now there's a disocrder I hadn't heard of. It's okay, though, really, because he is co-dependant.

:rofl

4. AD

Now there's a disorder I hadn't heard of. It's okay, though, really, because he is co-dependent.

5. Queen of Blades

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

hear hear :: :: ::

I can only second that - use what works best for you. As long as you don't start using foamed goo you won't be banned over here :rofl

7. Colloidal Silver Link

Hi Jo,
    Here is a quick site I put up for the silver.
    www.angelwingsilver.com

Peace,

Elizabeth

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

THats the stuff that turns your skin blue.

9. I don't think so

It won't turn your skin blue if you use it to clean, preserve skin care products or lotions, or if you use it topically. Also, the RARE cases where it turned skin grayish when it was injested were questionable. I have read that this was mainly with intrevenous use and with HUGE quantities taken over a long period of time (or when the particles were huge and the solution was very dark). Our silver is clear to pale yellow.

I take about 2-4 tablespoons of it a day and I have not had a cold or flu this year even though people sneeze, cough, and drool on me all the time at the shop, lol! A woman I work with applies it to cuts and swears her cuts heal much faster when she does this.

Anyway, I have noticed that most people I have met in the medical profession, aka, doctors and nurses, prefer the pharmacy for their cures (and those scary shots!). I don't, since I do not trust the government to keep me healthy ;-).

Peace,

Elizabeth

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I myself who is a nurse.....and currently suffering form a cold/flu/allergies No clue what it is.....prefer to go with the tried and true method. Im sitting around the house right now..moping around having people feel sorry for me...and just letting nature take its course :p

11. :)

Well, I will be sure not to send you a complimentary bottle then :p.

PS, my sister is a nurse as well (25 years)

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Just don't drink it. :D There was a CNN video other day about a guy who drinks it and his skin is now a permenant shade of blue. It's a known side effect.

13. Well....

I hope you don't believe everything you see on CNN. You know, I wouldn't doubt if the pharmaceutical co.'s promote documentaries like the one you saw. I have really researched this and am not worried, but the beauty is, we are free to take it, or not to take it, depending on our choice.

14. Queen of Blades

Did a little Googling using TSD's toolbar. :D Get yours today!

And found this. Which says there is 3 types of Colloidal Silver being marketed today.

and

Due to the high concentration of large silver particles, silver protein products are known to cause argyria, a condition that causes the skin to turn blue-gray.

Didn't look around much more, but you guys bashing Elizabeth's suggestion need to look farther than CNN or any news report. :rolleyes005 They like sensationalism, and not providing the full story.

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

If it is on TV....i have to believe it.

16. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

its very rare for Feathers to get a bad blade but they do exist, one time I remember using a fresh blade and it dragged #$$@#%^$%^#@$# very BAD BAAAAD Blade. took another and it was ok again.

you should definitly try a Derby Extra might be your ball game for inbetween sharpness.

18. Austin

Austin Member

You my friend have to find a new site for M3 shavers. So long and happy trails. :D

19. Queen of Blades

:rolleyes005 Not around here. ;)

Michael is welcome regardless of what he shaves with, or even if he decides to stop shaving. :eek: As is everyone.
    Note the Cartridge Razor sub-forum. :D Yes, it may be one of the least used forum, but it's still part of TSD.

btw, I can't wait till Michael gets back home after Christmas, to see the resurrection of this embarrassing thread. :rofl

20. Shaving Police

Shaving Police New Member

Yes, sir. We did indeed hear that. Would you mind stepping out of the vehicle, Mr. PottyDoctor sir? I'm sorry sir, but it seems you are in possession of an illegal Sensor razor. This is in violation of Delta City ordinance 5-2296/NA7. It seems you also use said instrument some days, which is a violation of directive 10-666/NOT.

While these are serious violations, your breathalyzer test is negative. And since you seem like a fine upstanding citizen, we're going to let you off with a verbal warning:
    Use a DE. . .and stay out of trouble!

Have a nice day :)

Delta City Shaving Police
    'to shave and protect'
    :transport003