DIY blade vault

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Single Wedge, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

DSCN0304.jpg

This is what you need. A tin of some type, gorilla glue, and a punch.

DSCN0305.jpg

Glue the lid to the tin

DSCN0306.jpg

I did this last night so you can see the foam that seeped out.

DSCN0307.jpg

Punch through the bottom, or side, or whatever. This tin has a double top so punching through the top was too tough.

DSCN0309.jpg

Insert a blade.

DSCN0310.jpg

Finished product.

Cheers and good luck with yours. WARNING If you use a Swiss Army punch be aware that the blade could fold down and cause more injury that an adjustable set on 9 with a feather.:eek:

I told my wife I was taking pictures of my project and she said "I don't even want to know do I.":D

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I wouldn't recommend keeping your blades in a candy container if kids are ever near your home though!

3. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Thats why it is glued at the top and kept in a safe place out of reach of my two kids.

Point taken though.;)

4. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

pretty nifty case

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Nifty. Gotta put that in the special projects section.

6. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Nice project!!

7. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Thanks and the bonus is that it is totally recycleable with no danger to the garbage man. Pretty much works with any tin container. Maybe I'll try a soup can or something bigger next time.

8. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Well, out of concern for children, use a can of vegetables. That way, you can be sure no children will come within 20 feet of it :D

178-bplatoon likes this.
  9. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

:sihns011

10. freemartin

freemartin Afficianado of "cans"

You should cover up the gum logo's, but either way, it's better looking than the soup can idea presented in the "Gourmet Shaving" book.

11. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Great minds must think alike...been using the exact same tin for blades, though I didn't use the Gorilla Glue.

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very cool! ::

13. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Disclaimer:
    I do not endorse nor work for any of the products used in the making of this blade tin. All items were used/consumed at the discretion of the purchaser for their sole and intended purpose. Any other use of these items beyond the intended use was done at the purchaser's risk and he/she assumed all risk of loss for their unintended use. The designer, it heirs, devisees, and family, of the product assumed all risk(s) and holds the respective companies harmless for any loss in any form.

I told you I was in the legal field:cool:

14. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Very cool idea. If the candy package worries anyone, as quick shot of spray paint would fix that.

alpla444 likes this.
  15. Will

Will Nevermind

Too much work, I will stick to the Peanut Jar.

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Umm, I just put mine back in the dispenser it came from. When I'm done, it goes in the trash. Nothing to make, nothing to buy and nothing to take up counter space. Ya know? :)

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Well, that's what most people do, IF their brand of blades comes in a plastic/metal package, Michael.

However, there are more brands that don't come in those packages than do, I believe.

Sticking used blades back in a cardboard box ain't gonna cut it..............ummm...well actually, it will, but we don't wanna cut it. :whacky011

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  18. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Yeah... my favorite (sharps) come with nothing for used blade storage. I sure wish they were packed like feather blades.

19. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Same for 100 packs of IP's.

I have my used blades in an old tobacco tin. Opening and smelling the Black Cavendish that used to be in the tin is worth throwing a way a blade only that :p

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Who knew? :confused: I've used only Feather, Crystal, Derby and, now that you mention it, Sharp. All come in a plastic container except the Sharp. Had no idea so many other brands were packed in cardboard. What do I know?