Do deo sticks leave stains on clothes?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Jul 17, 2016.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I was wondering, do designer deo sticks (Hugo Boss, Versace, etc.) leave stains on clothes when applied on armpits? If yes, can they be applied on another spot on throat, wrist, etc?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Apply your pit stick wherever your heart desires.

It's your pit stick. Enjoy it your way.

PLANofMAN and mrchick like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

FTFY. ;)

gorgo2 and swarden43 like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

While it is true, you can do however makes you a happy camper.
    I would ask, how would putting deodorant on your wrist decrease the odor or perspiration in your armpits?
    If I remeber correctly, a certain bacteria thrive on the sweat and emit a gas causing the odor. One can wash, apply chemicals to reduce perspiration, or stink. Perfume on top of BO is worse.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  5. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I would simply put a deodorant on my armpits and the deo stick on my throat or wrist, like a fragrance. I just wanted to buy a cheaper alternative of one of my favorite fragrances and the deo stick provides that opportunity. My question was can I use it like a fragrance on my throat or wrists, while normally put deodorant spray on my armpits (like I usually do when going out)?

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Do whatever floats your boat.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. richgem

If he gets it on sale, does it cost a mere pit-tance?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If they're the translucent gel-based (like Speed Stick) vs white solids, the only thing I'd worry about wearing it with would be a silk shirt without an undershirt. The glycerine or whatever in the gel sticks can heat up if overapplied and come off on the pits of the shirt. You wouldn't notice that on cotton or linen as it absorbs easily but I recall reading it can stain silk. Don't own silk, or wear a t-shirt if you? Shouldn't be a problem.

9. richgem

Silk shirt with no undershirt? We'll just not even talk about "show through." Nope, not gonna talk about it.

10. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

While this may be one of the strangest conversations I have ever been a part of, I will give feedback anyway.

A deo stick will not have the longevity of a cologne/parfum. They are formulated for your underarm. I appreciate trying to be thrifty, but this really isn't the right approach.

It has been stated before that a translucent gel or stick likely won't mark your shirt, but a white solid certainly will. However....

You also need to check for aluminum. Aluminum is what turns your white undershirts in to the yellow-grey colors. Aluminum is a toxin. Please read the following:
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/why-you-should-use-aluminum-free-deodorant/

I would be much more concerned about the aluminum content than the effect on your shirts.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/myths/antiperspirants-fact-sheet

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/antiperspirant-facts-safety

12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Of course, this same website goes on to say that cancer cases have increased exponentially, and that "everyday" items we use and ingest are the likely causes, and there is a direct correlation to aluminum and Alzheimer's.

Let's face it: the world around us has gone "cheap and quick," and our health is what suffers.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

"Scientists discover wet shaving causes cancer!"

Well, gotta die of something.

14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Redd Foxx used to say "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday; lying in the hospital dying from nothing".

PLANofMAN, mrchick and gorgo2 like this.
  15. richgem

Lizabeth, baby, im comin to join ya. Its the big one.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I don't own any silk but I can see how some deos could soak into it and show up as stains.

17. richgem

Oh, I agree. Not the show through I was talking about. I was thinking more... um... frontal.... not an attractive look.

18. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

It says that in the 60's and 70's they thought that there was a direct correlation, not that they think so today :)
    I would like to see less ingredients that are suspected of having a negative effect on peoples health, in food and other products we surround ourselves with on a daily basis. I have no issues with that. It's just that the link you shared, didn't lead to a site that seemed all that concerned about science

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sorry, I'm completely baff--

oh

OH.

Now I get it.

20. richgem

:scared011: