Do the badgers die?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by gatto, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Stupid question :ashamed001 but do badgers actually have to die to make our brushes? Do some people hunt badgers only for making brushes, or were they badgers that were going to die anyway? OR do they not die at all?

This is probably the weirdest thread I've ever made

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

They go to badger heaven

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I dont think people go out with a gun and hunt one badger just to make a brush so to speak. Ive read many threads stating that the majority of the time, the badgers are farm raised.

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

THEY DIE. They get eaten. We get brushes.

5. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

aww.. now I feel bad

6. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Don't feel bad. A lot of these farms are in Aisa and they raise them for the meat which is a source of nutrition for them.

7. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

so basically they raise badgers like we raise chickens? ... I hope they treat them better then American farmers treat chickens

8. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Jen, over China, badgers are like rats. They are vermin. They are everywhere, and cause havoc to farms, so the chinese eat them. They are actually a staple for some provinces over there. The hair is just a byproduct, much like leather is a byproduct of the beaf industry over here.

US= Cows = Beef = Leather
    China= Badgers= Badger meat= Shaving brushes!!

9. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

aww but they're cute

[​IMG]

rats aren't cute

10. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Use boar brushes. They taste better than badgers. :happy088

11. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Yum! Bacon!

12. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Cows are cute too, but steak still taste good......................

13. JayKay

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Try telling them they are cute when they are chewing off your toes :D

Fuzzy

15. The Zook

The Zook New Member

And yet we worry about ruining the hairs with our soaps.

16. JayKay

I think I'll eat same badger after my shave.

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

18. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

In the U.S., we really can tell how bad off we don't have it, just by looking at how attached we get to animals. It wasn't so long ago that it was nothing to go out and kill your own chicken if you wanted meat for dinner. With the separation we now have from how our food is prepared, we get this weird attachment to anything we find "cute."

Chinese eat badgers. They have a nice deal, now, that spoiled westerners happen to like rubbing soap and cream on their face and legs with the hair of that thing that will be their dinner. So it is win-win for them. Get a meal, and make some money of the pelt. Such is the way it has always been. With feathered poultry, it was similar. Eat the meat, use the feathers for a more comfortable, and warmer, night's rest.

I doubt that Chinese are merely offing badgers just to shave some hair from their necks.

Consider, also, the rabbit in Australia. Some genius British aristocrat decided he wanted to hunt rabbits in his new home in Australia, just as he did back in jolly olde Englande. Problem is, rabbits weren't indigenous to Australia, and had no natural predators. What happened? They bred like rabbits. Now they are a serious infestation, not just cute, cuddly pets that enjoy carrying pancakes on their heads. They are always looking for better ways to wipe them out.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not really. But YMMV, of course.

20. The Zook

The Zook New Member

There's a thread about it, actually ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.