Do you have a daily skin care routine

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Rusty blade, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I am pushing 60 and I have noticed changes in my skin over time...dryness in particular. I only recently started taking care of my skin. I don't have a complicated skin care routine, but I do use a moisturizer after my shave routine. I use Jack Black moisturizer with SPF 20 and I do find it makes a difference. There are so many skin care products out there I wouldn't have a clue what to use...other than a basic moisturizer.

What is your skin care routine?

Keithmax and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I find that the Mens Bodywashes I use in the shower(well, one at a time lol), provide great skin care for me as well as great shave preparation. The shave and aftershave are nice additions, of course. And I'm glad I discovered Block Soap as a hand-wash. Good moisturization(is that a word?)there, too.

Rusty blade likes this.
  3. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Just some basic routines. One, I stop using aftershave for the most part and switched to shave balms. I use it all over my face and neck. Two, got into the habit of using a sun block years ago. Three, this is going to sound strange but after my clothes dryer broke years ago I started to dry my clothes in the house. Surprise, my skin wasn't terrible dry and itchy in the winter. Guess my house was quite dry and causing me problems in the winter months.

Oh to answer your thread, I alternate between Nivea shave balm and Lucky Tiger face tonic.

Keithmax and Rusty blade like this.
  4. Holang-i

Holang-i Member

Yes i have a skin care routine heres how is goes
    Step 1 :use baxter of california cleanser
    Step 2 : i use elizabeth arden toner
    Step 3: i use skin chemists London wrinkle killer eye cream
    Step 4 : skin pharmacy london bee venom moisturizer
    I do this twice a day and i apply the cleanser with a 20 dollar mira facial sonic brush this routine has had me from looking older to women now claim i have a baby face.

Keithmax likes this.
  5. Steve C

Steve C Active Member

I wash it, dry it, and then, in the appropriate places, (my face) I shave it. that's it!

Keithmax likes this.
  6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Yes, like you I no longer use AS splashes...I prefer balms as well. I also recently started using Lucky Tiger face tonic. Great product.

7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

After I shower (before bed) I apply some Baxter of Calif shave balm. I feel you pain and concern and I'm trying to stave off the ole face creases.

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I wash my face before bed, I often use a Thayer's pad to remove any stuff on my face. I really like Stirling's face and body lotion.
    The more interesting thing is::: while my wife is doing her thing (removing makeup) I'm pretty much doing the same minus the make-up. :)

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nothing too elaborate. I wash with Shea butter soap & put on some face cream. Once or twice a week, I use a sugar scrub.

10. ColtJustice

ColtJustice Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is an Esthetician. She's been trying to help me for a few years now, but I wasn't ready for that. Now I look in the mirror, and I think I'm ready. lol She heard I was getting interested in this, and she wants to come and give me some tips. I sure hope she doesn't bring a bunch of women's products. I don't want to smell like flowers or fruit. lol

11. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Did you by chance use dryer sheets in your dryer?. Fabric softener is known to cause skin irritation. Since you are hang drying your laundry try pouring in a 1/3 cup of distilled white vinegar in your wash when you add your detergent. It will rinse clean and leave your clothes soft.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tiredricefarmer and Rusty blade like this.