Do you keep a shave kit for travel at the ready?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Rusty blade, May 26, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Rick Grimes beard or shaved.jpg
    While there's a certain charm about being lead through the ZA by Grizzly Addams, I'd have more confidence following a Clark Kent/Superman clone.
    No sense giving the walkers something else to grab and pull you down.
    Well, maybe during winter if you got stuck up north, but I'd be headed south. Longer growing season and easier winters, but the lack of AC would necessitate shaving during hot humid months.
    Having grown up during The Cold War, survived gasoline shortages, made it through both Y2K & the Mayan 12/21/2012 calendar change, I'm not packing any bags just yet. I do keep a well stocked pantry.
    Hard soaps, synth brushes, straight razors. I'll learn to hone as I go, and pick flowers to rub on my face for scent of the day!

Rusty blade, Keithmax, gorgo2 and 3 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I always have a travel bag ready to go with enough for a few days. It includes a shave kit. I also have a towel bath rag and such. Easiest way to show it is a video I made at work a few months ago. This kit is in my truck now.

Terry, Rusty blade, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That sounds like a good tagline for a commercial.

Blah...:prrr::D

BigD, Terry, Rusty blade and 4 others like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It's borrowed.

BigD, brit and Rusty blade like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The only shavepocalypse I'm waiting for is the right kind of government to come along that bans loose blades "for safety's sake" with a bill secretly written by lobbyists from Gillette.

BigD, brit and Rusty blade like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I keep a travel kit ready to go at all times. Lately I haven't been doing a lot of travel but I used to travel about 25% of the time for my job so it was handy. I actually have two bags because I always carry on bags when traveling for business. Usually my trips would last anywhere from an overnight to no more than a week. In my dopp kit I have all my hardware. A Mach 3 and extra carts, a stainless double lined lather bowl, a RR Plissoft brush in a Simpson's travel tube, toothbrush, floss, cotton balls, etc. And in a TSA compliant see through bag I keep all liquids including a tube of TOBS shave cream, small containers of witch hazel, two different aftershaves, pre-shave oil, toothpaste, underarm deodorant, alum, aftershave balm, etc. After each trip I check the contents of everything and replenish anything that needs topping off. This way packing takes less thought. Anyone who's read my posts knows that I don't do well in the thought department.

BigD, brit, Rusty blade and 1 other person like this.
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Now that I'm home....
    I also have my motorcycle kit.
    Put together last year, it's great for a day or two.
    This kit is for overnight or a weekend trip on the bike. I will admit I haven't been on it this year due to illness but looks like a couple weeks and off me and the wife are hitting the road.
    It has to be smaller but still holds the necessities for me. It can also be used as a work overnighter or emergency day kit.
    Loaded and ready to grab n go.
    20190528_182203.jpg
    My toothpaste and toothbrush, to make the toothpaste fit I cut the bottom off a tube then after cleaning it I crimped the bottom with a pair of hot pliers. Filled it up with the plastic syringe you get for medicine. My shaving soap in the top of the picture in the clear plastic cup. On the bottom right in the Altoids tin is my after shave baulm, witch hazel, beard oil and razor. The blades and sisors in the bottom, this all fits in the Altoids box. I got the little plastic bottles at the dollar tree, they had breath freshener in them, used a medical syringe to fill them up too. There is shower soap is in the grey plastic deodorant container.
    The rest is normal stuff that is easily recognizable. Layed our on the older wash cloth that is part of the kit.
    All fits in a small black bag.
    Probably not how some would do it, but it will give you some ideals for your own quick grab overnight kit.
    tp

BigD, brit, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Nice little (and I mean little) kit! It seems to have all the necessities.

BigD, brit and Terry like this.