Do you take care of your face on non shave days?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by burnWood, Jan 11, 2009.

?

Do you take care of your face on non shaving days?

1. Yes I do

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. No I do not

21 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Uhm?

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  1. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I shave every other day. On the days I do not shave, and if I remember to, I put Nancy Boy replenishing facial moisturizer on the whole face.
    Does anyone else take the time to take care of their face when not shaving?

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I take care to try and not git hit in the face.. that is about all..
    Fuzzy

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I generate oil and attract dirt every day (just like every other person throughout time) so I wash every day. Face included.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

+1

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I wash my face every day in the shower with one face wash or another. I generally moisturize every day. My face gets a little dry during the winter so I tend to use Zirh facial moisturizer. The stuff is heavy and lasts all day and night.

6. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Yup. I try to take great care of my face. My skin gets very dry in the winter and as such, I'm always carrying around some sort of moisturizer for my face and hands. I can't stand the tight feeling a dry face leaves me with.

I typically shower twice a day and wash my face with a gentle face wash or face soap and will use a scrub once a week or so. I even go so far as using a mask every few weeks.

I figure that I've got to live with my face for the rest of my life. Might as well take care of it.

EDIT: I take care of my face on both shaving and non-shaving days.

7. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

I also shave every other day. On non shave days I don't do anything to my face besides washing it during my shower.

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

no i dont.

b/c i shave every day :)

9. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

You bet. Especially when it's extremely cold and dry (as it usually gets here in Wisconsin in the winter). On the rare day that I do not shave, I still wash my face and apply my homemade balm (Witch Hazel, Aloe and EVOO).

10. lferg

lferg New Member

Generally no for me. I the only days I dont shave on Sundays, I usually dont shower on these days either so no face cleaning. Sunday is out uber lazy day.

11. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Usually everyday I do something to it unless I'm in the sticks somewhere. Eating and finding a good place to sleep are a little higher up on the priority list in those times.

12. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

I use Kiehl's face wash & moisturizer cream for men. I try to do this each and every day.

13. JimR

JimR Active Member

Wow...what he said.
    I shave 6 days a week (if one day of rest was good enough for the God of Abraham, it's good enough for my face!) and I use a moisturizer (or even my Nivea Aftershave Balm) on the off day for the reasons above.

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

When I don't shave I don't take care of my face in any other way either. Except for showering, of course :D

15. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I shave pretty much every day so I answered Uhm?

16. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

I feed my face every day. :happy102

Generally, I end up shaving at least once, but usually twice daily.

On the oddball non-shave days, I put on some moisturizer if I find it's dry.

17. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

+1

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I answered Uhm?, because welllll........this question seems much more geared towards the guys, but I'll push my way in here somehow. :D Per usual.

There are very few things I let touch my face. Water, alum, witch hazel, TSD a/s milk, and recently the OCM (just EVOO and Castor Oil for now).

Normally I don't use any soap or cleanser on my face, but decided to try the OCM thing the other day. Would have been nice if the hot water had lasted through the shower. I can't report any negatives about the OCM, but I'll have to give it another go.

My normal face care routine is water in the shower, alum after the shower, followed by witch hazel.

And if there is any feeling of dryness, I'll use a smidge of TSD a/s milk. One of the best moisturizers I've put on my face, very light, non-greasy. I hate lotion! All that greasiness. :prrr Yes, yes, it's my product, but I haven't tried any of the other a/s milks from the other vendors, and the words "balm or lotion" just sound too heavy for what I might need. And of course, I had to test my own product before I shoved it at the rest of you. :o

19. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I lost you at "in the shower".:love029

20. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

There are occassions (very rare) that I don't shave daily. But, I always take care of my face. You might call it daily "maintenance"; wash, rinse, moisturize.

And then I

Enjoy the day... :D