Does anybody have Nivea Shaving "FOAM"?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by tazorac, Dec 19, 2019.

1. tazorac

tazorac Active Member

I saw Nivea Shaving Foam at a store for a dollar so I couldn't resist. I've shaved with it several times and its horrible.

It dries up before I can finish one side of my face. Do I have a defective can or is that just how the shaving foam is?

I thought Nivea was a credible source.
    [​IMG]

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Nivea used to make a quite good shaving cream in a tube. They still make a great aftershave balm. I've never heard anything good about thier canned foam.

3. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

They STILL (as of September, at least) make a quite good shaving cream in a tube. They just don't distribute it in the US. In Canada, it's widely distributed. I know, that doesn't help most of us. But if you live near the border, and occasionally cross it, you can stock up while you're there.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  4. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

I've never used the foam of nivea but I have used the gel which is quit good to me anyway it stay for quit a wile as you shave

Leo501 likes this.
  5. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

+1

6. FSword

FSword Member

Before starting wet shaving (about 3 years ago) this was the foam I was using almost exclusively. Never had any issues with it, in fact it was one of the most irritating free foams I had used (and I have quite a sensitive skin). It does dry out faster compared to a good soap or shaving cream but for sure not any faster than other foams.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020