Does gas taste good

Discussion in 'Clean Jokes' started by redorchestra, Aug 27, 2008.

1. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

This isn't really a joke just a funny summer anecdote.

I was home for the summer and visited my mother.
    She needed the lawn cut so I got out the very old lawnmower and started cutting.

I cut about half the yard and then ran over a rope. It wound all around the blade before I could turn it off.
    I needed to turn it over to get the rope out. I turned it over and all the gas started pouring out so I grabbed a bowl and put it under the mower.
    I yanked and cut and pulled and unwound. This rope was really tangled in there.
    Just as I was finishing I looked up and noticed That while I wasn't paying attention, my mothers yellow lab (dog) came over and started drinking the gas from the bowl. She was almost finished the entire bowl before I realized what she was doing.
    I yelled at her to stop (I didn't think gas would taste good) and swung some rope in my hand at her, and the dog started running. She ran around the yard, I wasn't even chasing her. She must have been in pain because she ran and ran and ran. I have never seen this dog run so fast, or any other dog in fact. She ran in circles for about 1/2 an hour. Just a flat out sprint, then suddenly just stopped and fell down. It was weird, and again I didn't think gas would taste good!

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Is she OK?

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

YOu cant leave the story at the dog collapsed :p

4. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Uh, what he said!
    Is she OK?

5. pibeandres

pibeandres New Member

I think gas would be poisonous. I'd have the dog checked out.

6. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Yeah, she's okay....She just ran out of gas !!!!!!:D

Sorrry it really was just a joke. :ashamed001

7. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

You are a BAD BOY!!!:mad:

I have a Lab and man, she will eat anything - rocks, poop, bugs, etc. So I totally believed you!:eek:

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

This is just wrong, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh! :happy102

9. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Bad Monkey!!!!

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm sorry. :ashamed001

11. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Don't be sorry:sad029

I was kinda funny.:o

12. 808Chaney

808Chaney New Member

Ya had me goin too. As a kid I had a black lab that would eat anything.(including his own shyte) Anyhow, as a kid I used to detail cars in our garage. One day, I caught him licking the wax off of the car. Stupid dog!

13. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I had a lab too, and that is exactly why I used that breed.

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That story cracked me up :rofl

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

A small, not entirely unrelated, anecdote;

After the crash in Lockerbie they used Search and Rescue dogs, and many of them died shortly after the mission from being poisoned by jet-fuel. They got it into their system via their paws just by walking on the crash site.

16. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Okay, that's kind of depressing. But thank God dogs can be trained to perform heroic duties like this, it's just sad that they sometimes perish in the process.

17. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

sniff :sad024

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    +1 :sad029

19. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

That's one of the harsh truths we get told when entering our dogs into SAR training. There is no guarantee your dog comes back home with you. A very tough decision that you have to think about before starting the training... I've heard some really sad stories :sad024