Dollar Shave Club

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by urrlord, Feb 6, 2023.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

A while back at a local supermarket there were several tubes of DSC cream in the clearance cart for a buck a piece .So I grabbed them. I am kind of impressed with this stuff. You can rub it on with your fingertips as a latherless or use a brush and get a low lather.Either way it is slick and pretty protective.Smells like a lower strength Noxema skin cream, my wife agreed with that assessment. You do need to use warm to hot water with it as it will build up on your razor. Just like Nox will.
    I wonder if this stuff is a clone of the Nox shave cream in the EU?
    Anyway I think it is worth grabbing a tube and keeping it around as part of your rotation.

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nope. I'll pass.
    If it doesn't lather, and lather well, I don't want it.

But that's me.
    Good heads up for those who don't mind such a cream.

3. Lavachild

Lavachild Active Member

I bought one too, but I don't care for it. I do have a use for it. I take it with me on planes and other traveling when I don't care if it ruptures or gets lost.

4. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I like it primarily for the scent and slickness and for the fact that it doesn't obscure my beard line. I have accidentally took a swipe out of the beard line when it was lather covered. Then I had to shave back the rest of the beard line to even it out.
    It works well with the shavette I am using right now.
    I do enjoy a nice lather myself, right now I find this one appeals to me. It seems to work better than some of the other creams of this type I have used in the past.

Kilgore Trout likes this.