**DONE** Convert someone to wet/DE shaving PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by whiteboy_cannon, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

PIF: If you know someone (even yourself) that you think you can possible convert to wet/DE shaving then I have a quick little PIF
    I have an extra Weishi 9306 razor and a completely brand new VDH premium shave set (boar brush, deluxe soap, and lather bowl) that I am not using. I hope that this PIF can aid in an individuals transition to wet shaving, it can be anyone you know, a brother (or sister), a friend, colleague, you get the idea.
    RULES: PIF will be open until 1/31/16 or until there are no entries for 3 days and a random number generator will be used to determine the winner.
    To enter just say "I'm in" and a quick intro about who you would like to help convert to wet shaving.
    If you are wanting this for yourself, you must not be a current DE shaver
    Thank you and here are some pictures of this humble PIF
    **CONUS only** sorry international folks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entries:
    1.@KcHighLife
    2.@DDuckyMark
    3.@Seabs
    4.@defectivechimp
    5.@TheManWithNoName
    6.@hrairy
    7.@Single Malt Whiskers
    8.@Jbrew

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    NapalmCola, Robyflexx, preidy and 5 others like this.
  2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Not in myself, but very nice offer. I just gave a starter kit to my cousin to try head shaving with. I haven't had a chance to check in with him to see if he's been properly converted or not. That was pretty much my last prospect at the moment.

Seabs likes this.
  3. whiteboy_cannon

I hope he is doing well with your gift to him. I could imagine DE shaving a head could be hard though. How do you find a proper angle, just by feel? sheesh haha

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Glad to see you piffing, @whiteboy_cannon. That is a good start for someone. Not in myself. I hope you get lots of interest.

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. jmaier

jmaier Well-Known Member

Not in, but that's definitely a worthy gateway PIF into DE shaving. Thanks for helping to promote the hobby.

6. whiteboy_cannon

'
    Just figured since I wasn't using them someone out there must need it. Yeah it was my start (not that I am not new anymore) Definitely a great razor to start off with, mild and easy to handle.

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty much all by feel. I stand in front of the mirror, but really only using it for lining up the blade edge around the ears and along grain direction changes. I shaved in the shower when I was using carts with no mirror.

8. whiteboy_cannon

Makes me happy I'm not a head shaver lol

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

This is a great way to get started shaving and was my first DE kit as well. Very nice PIF opportunity!

Not in, but Good Luck to all who enter!

10. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Good on ya @whiteboy_cannon. I'm not in but I love your generosity!

I've brought a few folks into the fold. It is pretty cool when it happens. It goes from those odd discussions about intimate activities one usually does alone in the privacy of their own bathroom to open and frank discussions about how to get better at those intimate activities.

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Great PIF. I have already converted a couple of people this way and it's fun to see them like it. I'm not in.

12. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

It's refreshing to see a young man be so generous. I gave my Merkur 34 to my coworkers husband because he had an interest and she said he would like to try so I'm not in. But great PIF.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Great PIF . I plan on doing the same one day. I'm not in because I am still using the weishi and those darn dorco blades . But you have peeked my interest in buying myself that soap kit. I wasn't sure to try it as I figured it was cheaply made stuff and I already have enough of that. But if it's a boar brush... I may give it a try.

14. waddowedonowmo

waddowedonowmo Well-Known Member

Not in, but very nice!

15. whiteboy_cannon

It's actually a great brush. It's what I'm currently using and it is working like a charm. You sure you don't know anyone that needs a little nudge towards DE shaving?

16. Jorvaljr

I'm trying to convince the wifey... Lol but she looks at my bleeding face and is like " yeah... I so want to do that to my armpits"

17. whiteboy_cannon

You in?

18. Jorvaljr

No. I'd rather let some one who legitimately has someone to give it to. But thank you sir for the opportunity .

19. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Great Pif!!

I'm in!

Seems like a good setup for my cousin to get into wet shaving. He's interested but doesn't want to spend the money in case he doesn't like it.

mrchick and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

great pif, kudos for your generosity
    not in, I've got no-one in mind. but if one comes my way before you end this, I'll pop back in.
    good show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.