*DONE* FS - Vintage Razors and sets

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by tonich, May 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

Collection reduction!

In the descriptions bellow I will mostly outline the imperfections that I have found like: bent or missing teeth, brassing, cracks, chipped cases, misalignments, mechanical problem, missing accessories etc. The potential buyers are welcome to contact me via PM with further questions.

All prices in US dollars. Shipping to Canada/CONUS included. Paypal only, Paypal fees included.

1. Vintage Gillette NEW #88 set, Made in England, model 1934 - USD $95

Razor is the 2-piece NEW RFB design and my favourite actually. Weights 59 grams and operates as it should. Silver plated. The plating shows wear and brassing on the topcap. The topcap screws in tightly and securely. All teeth present and straight The handle has NO cracks!
    The case is in OK condition, little faded from its age. Little wear and tear and faded from inside. Some dings on the outside of the case with some wear and brassing. The case closes properly, although the spring is missing.
    Lovely piece of history that shaves BIG!

Actual photos (click to zoom!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------------------------
    2. Vintage Eclipse Red Ring razor in original leather pouch, Made in England - SOLD!

Vintage Eclipse Red Ring razor in used condition in original leather pouch. Razor operates as it should. No bent parts or other misalignment. The knob works properly and tightens the head securely.
    Shows a brassing spot on the top cap and the pin as shown on one of the photos.Great shaver - a must have razor!
    Original leather Eclipse pouch shows some tear and a small detached piece that I have taped to keep it together. Please see the dedicated photo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------------------------
    3. Vintage Gillette RFB NEW pocket set #44, model 1934 - SOLD!

Vintage Gillette RFB NEW pocket set #44, model 1934. Operates as it should. Silver plated. Little sign of brassing on spot where the handle screws in. The plating shows tarnish on handle and could take polishing. The dark stains shown are silver tarnish and NO damage or plating issue. All teeth present and straight. The handle screws tightly and securely. Hollow version which is preferred by shavers. No cracks!
    The case is in good condition with little wear and looks dull. The case spring works as it should and does shut close.
    Original blank bank is available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------

4. Vintage Gillette Aristocrat set from 1950s, Made in England - SOLD!

Vintage Gillette Aristocrat set, model 1952-3, Made in England. Razor made of brass and gold plated over nickel base. Works as it should, TTO works smoothly silo and doors open smoothly and evenly. No bent parts or other misalignment. No brassing, however there is some wear on silo dorrs and safety bar from use that have removed the gold wash and shows nickel base (as shown on photos). Razor weights 73 grams. Shave ready. Case in very good shape with slightly faded areas and little stains. Case closes properly, yet the spring is missing. Included is the original cream blade bank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Karl G likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.