*DONE* Just because March PIF is over, doesn't mean I can't!!

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by FacialCarnage, Apr 6, 2013.

?

What is your favorite vintage Gillette safety razor from this list?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2013.
  1. Gillette Tech 'Heavy'

13.8%
  2. Gillette Tech 'Ball-End'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'The New'

17.2%
  4. Super Speed

24.1%
  5. Adjustable

44.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Let me start by saying that there truly are some great members that are a part of this forum. People that are more then willing to answer any question you may have and help in any way they can. Several months back when I first joined this forum I was just a lurker. I would always check this forum and one other for answers to questions on my restore projects. It was easy to see how nice and helpful the members of this group are. After a month or so of just browsing I decided that this was the place for me.

Recently I have had the opportunity to participate in a couple of PIFs, two of which I was lucky enough to win. This blew my mind, because I never win anything. With this forum being the place that I call home it is only right that I give back, not only by commenting, but by giving something I have that another member may not have to experience.

For this PIF I want to give away a fully restored Schick Injector razor. I have been working on this razor for about 3 days now and after some serious elbow grease it is ready to go. This baby shines good enough to use as a mirror. It has been completely cleaned, polished, and sterilized. It is shave ready! Along with this razor I have an injector key with a brand new blade just itching to be inserted into this razor. Injector razors are probably the easiest to get into DE or SE shaving because of the shape of the handle/head and how similar it is to a cartridge razor.

If you have never used an injector this PIF is for you. No one is excluded, but I do think this is a great opportunity for someone wanting to try a SE razor.
    I am a visual person and I have to admit 'The Haul' & 'SOTD' are my favorite threads to view because of all the pictures. To enter this PIF you must say "I'm In" & insert a photo of your favorite vintage safety razor, it doesn't have to be Gillette, it can be any brand. I will randomly select a winner 10 days from today.
    [​IMG]

JRod22, Heloguy, Leo K. and 4 others like this.
  2. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I'm not in, but man that razor is a beauty. Great job on the restoration.

Here's a crappy photo of my slim aristocrat.
    image.jpg

FacialCarnage likes this.
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Really nice PIF, mate! The Injector is a beaut!
    Don't count me in, though. I've had an Injector, so I aleady know they are great shavers!
    My favourite vintage safety razor would be the Valet Autostrop, I guess. Never lets me down - unless the blade is dull, of course.
    One day I'll get me a strop for it, so I can restrop my Valet blades (got some NOS blades)
    Valet Autostrop.jpg

Good luck to the contestants! You'll win a great razor!

Leo K. and FacialCarnage like this.
  4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Sweet resto & rarin' new cards! (Not in as I have injectors). My current fav is a 1949 (G4) injector with matte chrome head & blue handle. She was called the "Schick 66" b/c of this promo. Looks like a great old car :)
    image.jpg

5. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Great job on the resto. I have a couple G's so I'm not in but if anyone hasn't tried one, they're awesome!

macaronus and FacialCarnage like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

OMG, that's gorgeous. *shavegasm*

But, not in as I have a few injectors of my own.

macaronus, FacialCarnage and ohpaos like this.
  7. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I am not in, since I already have an injector.

That injector is a thing of beauty! :)

Here is mine.
    uploadfromtaptalk1365256105632.jpg

macaronus, ohpaos and FacialCarnage like this.
  8. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Hey Carnage, great PIF! Don't count me in however. Just thought I'd pile on to what you've said about never winning anything and yet winning PIFs here thanks to so many great people. I'm on the same boat! I couldn't cast a vote either as I've never tried a vintage. Got a superspeed coming in the mail from a PIF I've won. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks TSD members for your generosity!

macaronus, ohpaos, BigT and 1 other person like this.
  9. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Not in. I'm not really into the SE's but this is one beautiful razor. Great PIF!

10. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had a blast working on the cards. The picture doesn't show it, but they are actually really thick cards. The white lettering and graphics on the front is raised ink and on the back is a section for notes with my name & info with some old timey filigree.

ohpaos likes this.
  11. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Wow! What a beautiful Schick! What a great PIF!

I'm in :) I've been shopping around for one if these so this is perfect.

My favorite vintage? I really love the design of the Gillette adjustable. This one from the the 70s is particularly nice, I don't own it, but I love it :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365259749.713470.jpg

The only vintage gillette I own is my beloved Tech:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365259800.067655.jpg

Aces!

ohpaos and FacialCarnage like this.
  12. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I'm in. Never tried a Injector.
    Here is my '53 President

\'53 Gillette President S009 Clean.jpg

ohpaos and FacialCarnage like this.
  13. Joey Pellegrino

Joey Pellegrino Active Member

Old%20Bridge-20130403-00044.jpg
    Imin!!! I have been wanting to try an SE need to build up my collection! Here is a picture of the only vintage razor I have (thank you steve)

youngunn, swarden43 and ohpaos like this.
  14. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Not in, but that is a serious beauty. If I get a buffer wheel after mine it'll look that good ;)

15. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

NOT in, but that's a purty razor. I don't have the means to post a pic. My current favorite is my flare tip. I've never looked it up but it's a standard 50s model.

16. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

I'm in! I believe I used the adjustable injector back in the 80's and I loved it. Here's a pic of my brand new (to me) 1965 Super Speed. It's my favorite because it was really an ugly duckling when I got it. A few hours of detail work with motorcycle polish, Q-Tips and toothpicks turned it into a thing of beauty. VERY nice shave, too!

Super Speed 65.jpg

17. gunslinger1108

gunslinger1108 Active Member

My favorite has to be my 64 Gillette slim, it was my second DE razor and has become my daily user. Love the fact that I can dial in a setting for a completely different experience by adjusting the number setting.

[​IMG]

I'm in, thanks for a awesome pif, been wanting to try a injector and that one is a beauty.

18. richgem

Mike, is that handle actually blue or is that just chromatic aberration that I see? It thought these all came with black handles.

19. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Oh, I see what you mean. It is a black handle. The color balance of that picture is off on the blue side. The light was from a deep blue sky.

Here is a more correct version, adjusted using Snapseed on my Android phone.

uploadfromtaptalk1365351717374.jpg

FacialCarnage and richgem like this.
  20. richgem

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.