*DONE* New member PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Sontag, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

I bought a nice Gillette Slim Adjustable (J-1 date code) yesterday at an antique mall. Coincidentally, I just found out that this antique mall is in the hometown of our very own Shave Den Shop! My father bought one just like it (N-4 date code) for me, which was my first experience with an adjustable so I thought I would pass this one along to someone else wanting to try an adjustable.

Here's how the recipient will be selected:

Any member (preferably one who wants to try out an adjustable) can enter by simply posting interest in this thread by midnight Monday, 9/30/13.

I will list all contestants here and use a random number generator to pick the winner.

Here's what will be included:
    1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable
    1 Gillette Thin Blade
    1 Pontiac DeLuxe Blade

[​IMG]

2. Shellbriar

Shellbriar Member

Very generous! Please include me. Thanks!

3. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Nice PIF! I already have one so I'll pass on this, but it is very generous!

4. SKrotee

SKrotee Member

I've been looking for an adjustable forever! I'd love to get in on this. Very generous!! Please include me as well.

5. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Active Member

I would really like to try an adjustable, and the Slim is the best-looking one out there! Please count me in.

6. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

Thanks, I'm very interested in an adjustable. Please include me!!

7. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I'm in, would love to try an adjustable. Thanks for the opportunity!

8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Great PIF. I'm not in, I have a Slim that I love. Good luck to everyone!

9. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Already have several adjustables so I'm not in but this is a very nice PIF.

10. secretum

secretum Active Member

Nice one! Thank you so much for the opportunity.

I don't know what happened, thought I already wrote here but... if possible, I want in :-D

Thank you so much!

11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Great PIF. I'm not in since I already have a slim, but congrats to the lucky winner (whomever they may be).

12. Snidely

Snidely New Member

Very generous of you. Please count me in. I'd love to try an adjustable razor.

13. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

Please include me. I don't currently own a vintage razor and I'd love to have one, let alone an adjustable. Very generous, thanks for the opportunity.

14. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Not to get too nostalgic, but this PIF is in honor of my dad. He is not a member of this or any forum, but he has done a lot for many people. If I live long enough to "PIF" as much as he has so far in his life, I'll chalk up a win in the end.

I'm going to keep posting an updated list of those that want to be included in the PIF in hopes that I don't miss anyone. (Looks like there's going to be a lot, which is great!) If you've posted prior to this post and your name is not listed below, please advise.

Here is the list so far:

1 shellbriar
    2 skrotee
    3 michelangelo
    4 dave-paskowski
    5 chuck-f
    6 secretum
    7 snidely
    8 mbastings

mbastings likes this.
  15. AKASL

AKASL Active Member

Very Nice PIF! Please count me IN. Thank you,

16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I'm in! Great PIF (thank Dad for the inspiration!)!

I have been looking at an adjustable and had pretty much narrowed it down to a Slim or Fatboy. Fingers crossed....

17. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

I am SUPER interested as I do not yet own an adjustable and my car of choice is a 1964 EH Holden "Special" Station Wagon.
    And here's a big "Huzzah" to Sontag's Dad !! Obviously did a remarkably good job in bringing up his kids. I appreciate the chance:happy088:

18. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

If it's open for non CONUS members count me in , this is an awesome PIF and I would like to get in on it :)

19. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Updated list...9/12/13

I'm going to keep posting an updated list of those that want to be included in the PIF in hopes that I don't miss anyone. (Looks like there's going to be a lot, which is great!) If you've posted prior to this post and your name is not listed below, please advise.

Here is the list so far:

1 shellbriar
    2 skrotee
    3 michelangelo
    4 dave-paskowski
    5 chuck-f
    6 secretum
    7 snidely
    8 mbastings
    9 AKASL
    10 Bobcat
    11 Peter Cupit
    12 Monkeylord

Larry58108 likes this.
  20. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, that means a lot to me. I was blessed with better parents than I deserve; truthfully, I was blessed with better parents than most deserve.

I never really thought about international contestants, but of course I'll include you. I'm not sure where you are, but as long as I don't have to give up my firstborn child to ship it to you I will be glad to get it to you if you win.

LifesShort, Monkeylord and Larry58108 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.