*DONE* PIF - Russian Roulette Edition

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Bama Samurai, Jan 24, 2018.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. I hate binary options

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

This post no longer reality....lots of prizes added.

In keeping with the mythology of the 30DC and the reality of the STL-run, Moscow-based blade cartel:

March Madness is a thing. It's also a basketball tourney. March has 30 Days. So do 30 Day Focus exercises.

Are you fairly new to traditional wet shaves, handy with a DE, and good with Injectors? Do you believe that valor trumps discretion when it needs to? Feeling froggy yet? Wanna have some real march madness?

Let's play Russian Roulette...

IMG_1507.JPG

Disclaimer: Ammunition, tray, and Samurai's fave poker staring hand not included

First of all, let's examine this photo. But Russian Roulette only requires one bullet, you say? That's right, but this is Czar @NCoxSTL Style Russian Roulette, brought to you by the fine upstanding pillars of the Kyoto community. Interestingly, the word yakuza means "card playing people" in Japanese, but I digress...

What you get:

1 Leopard Salon Razor
    3 Tucks Voskhod
    3 Tucks GSB
    1 30 Day March Focus

There were six bullets in the photo because you will get cut learning to do this. I won't sugar coat it. The SR guys are correct, shavettes are a tedious tool. However, they are what "shaving professionals" use daily. I shave daily with a shavette. It's just as comfy as any DE, but I promise that it took a few tries to master it.

Days 1-5 on Voskhod, 16-30 on GSB. Both are fine Russian PTFE blades, and will leave those fine scars that chicks secretly dig. To use, fold the still-wrapped blade over itself. You'll hear it break, or if this is scary, cut in half lengthwise with heavy scissors.

We'll spend March mastering shavette.

The Rules:

Open to any CONUS based TSD future shavette master
    There is no cost to enter or win
    Winner will be determined in some arbitrary and capricious manner
    No babies, no whining when you get cut. You will get cut. Just saying.
    Commit to do the Focus (you're on your honor)

Got it?

To enter:

Who is your favorite action movie hero, and why? Tell me and say "I wanna play Russian Roulette!"

I am not gonna wish anyone luck. I will help you learn skilled technique.

Thanks for reading....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Bama Samurai

My fave action movie hero:

IMG_1068.JPG

9nein9, Paul76, Pilotcld and 9 others like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Cartel recognizes the respect the Kyoto faction has shown with this PIF. In other words........NICE!!!!!!!

9nein9, Pilotcld, Spyder and 6 others like this.
  4. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Hmm one of my favorites would have to be dr. Strange lol. I mean that cape is anyway lol.

I wanna play Russian roulette!

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Not in. Great pif though. I have a Luxor notched shavette that is much easier to master.

6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I wish that I was further along my journey to be able to jump in. Sounds like fun.

I can certainly see you sitting there loaded with aces..... And, not a gun guy here, but Russian roulette with a firearm that uses that ammo is certainly a stacked deck.

For what it is worth Max Headroom is my favorite action hero.

Thanks.... I am learning much!

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Great PIF Chris! If someone wants sugar coated rainbows find an electric shaver forum. For anyone that's ready to step up to the brutal honest modern equivalent of a straight razor - here ya go!
    That shavette is a basic tool. Nothing fancy but it'll hold that half DE blade for the new owner. Great choice of blades, too. No excuses about not having "the right ones loaded". The topper is that 30 Day Focus card. Forget about a Man Card. When you can toss a fresh blade in a shavette and use it like you mean it? Good stuff!
    ( Not in, 'cause @Bama Samurai has already shared his Laser Like Focus techniques with me. )
    Gonna buck what I think will be a trend since I'm not in - don't forget the ladies! If we're lucky, Neal will post more photos of Natalia!
    Female Action Hero.jpg

Drygulch, 9nein9, Spyder and 5 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

What's your experience level? Which tools have you mastered thus far?

9nein9, Spyder, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

You are in....

9nein9, Spyder and NCoxSTL like this.
  10. Edison Carter

seen in news recently.....Leno

I want one....I want one:happy093:

9nein9, BamaT, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bullitt was the prototype for modern action movies.

Best. Car. Chase. Ever.

9nein9 and Spyder like this.
  12. Edison Carter

Mastered? .....None!
    Shaving has been miserable most of my life. Especially my lower neck.
    Years ago when I was a 'coat and tie' I had to resort to an electric using plenty of shave powder stick.
    Shaving with a DE was only discovered by me late last year. Things were better than ever, but I was still missing something. I want to be able to do a simple shave, every day, no discomfort.
    I was drawn here by sound basics, which I needed. Your terminology and explanations have been profound for me. For that, many thanks.
    I have just started my 30 day rule. I did some preliminary jumping around to find what components I would use to acquire skill.
    I figure I will see where it goes from there.
    Not to leave out others who have helped me learn too, Thanks.

9nein9, Spyder, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Awesome! You're welcome, and it's a pleasure to help. Tag me anytime you need help or have a question.

9nein9, Spyder and Edison Carter like this.
  14. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SFPD Inspector "Dirty Harry" Callahan. He cuts through the red tape of bureaucracy to reduce criminal activity. Nothing more satisfying than falling Crime Rates. I wanna play Russian Roulette! :cool:

[​IMG]

9nein9, Spyder, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am not in, as I have earned my scars already, but another great PIF from the sensei.

Here’s a favorite action hero:

[​IMG]

9nein9, Spyder, RyX and 2 others like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Not in, I'd probably cut myself and look like Scar face

But favorite action hero 007
    007-James-Bond.jpg

What's not to like ... travel the world, shot at, but never hurt. Sleep with hundreds of women, never got the clap. :sexe:

9nein9, Spyder, RyX and 3 others like this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Not in but for anyone who wants to improve their shaves this is the quickest route. I found shavettes the hardest to master but learning to use a shavette improved my shaves with all type of razors.

Great PIF.

In honor of the PIFer I give the closest person I could up with as an action star for the PIF. Not a samurai and not from ‘Bama

4423DFE0-C525-467A-9760-C8FF225583B1.jpeg

9nein9, BamaT, NCoxSTL and 4 others like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Find water yet?

19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You guy are crazy good!! Good luck everyone who enters.
    Not in

20. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Who is my favorite action hero? Chuck Norris. 'nuff said.

"I wanna play Russian Roulette!"

.380, 9mm and .45 in that picture?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.