*DONE* Schick Krona pass around

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by BBS, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

With Schicktember coming up soon and having some duplicate Krona's I figure I'd offer the opportunity to try one free of charge sans shipping.

I'll leave this open for a week or 2 for people to sign up. Once the sign up period is done I'll ship out a Krona to the first person on the list using USPS priority flat rate mailer envelope. I figure a week is enough time to shave with it then the first person mails it to the second so and so forth until the last person mails it back to me. I'd prefer each person mails it to next using the same mailing method as I start out with and each person is responsible for shipping cost to the next.

If the razor makes it back to me I'll do a PIF raffle for anyone who posts up a review of the razor if they want one afterwards.

I'd like to keep this closed to US residents right now but I might open it up to outside the US as a separate mailing list depending.

Some information on the Schick Krona, it is a mild razor and a good beginner razor to use if new to DE shaving or vintage razors. They are also easily accessible on sites like Ebay and even in the wild along and if you want to do a little hunting.

RaZorBurn123, RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice way for people who have never tried one. Not in as I have one.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Very generous offer, but I also have one I enjoy. I'll be using mine for Schicktember, so not in.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Closed due to lack of interest.

RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good of you to offer both the pass around, and subsequent PIF. Had it been a fancy Gillette adjustable you'd have been fighting them off with a stick. Good thing about Kronas is if someone wants one they do sell at the low price point for vintage DEs.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Too bad, it's a very good razor and people who haven't should try it.

M14Shooter, RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I figure it was either that the majority of the users here are well versed in using vintage razors like Kronas, there really was no interest for whatever reasons or the only interested parties would have been the cheap skates that didn't want to try the razor and only wanted a free razor. I had considered just PIFing one after I closed this to see if all of a sudden people wanted to try one then. I figured it would cause too much drama and BS once I started calling spades a spade so decided against doing so.

RyX, RaZorBurn123 and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very kind of you. :)

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

@BBS - Chris @Bama Samurai has an answer to the PIF hunters. His prize winners are chosen in a capricious and arbitrary manner. It's announced right up front. That gives the person offering the gear the right to place it where he wants.

BBS likes this.
  10. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have several Kronas and I’ve given away a few.

As far as razors go, I tend to think of it as somewhat of a sleeper.

It seems like a fair number of folks are quite surprised by its performance after they have a chance encounter.
    The story usually begins with “I wasn’t really looking for one of these” and then ends with “Wow, what a great shaver”.

I don’t hesitate to pick up an extra because the pricing is generally very reasonable and they make a great giveaway.

RyX and BBS like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I try to buy them based upon what I've researched on them that differentiates them as shavers.

Short of actually shaving with the ones I own right now my conclusion is it is primarily based upon the type of base plate and maybe the knob also.

The first type has Schick without the triangle and 1 1 1 stamped on the base plate. They only come with the short metal knob and Schick with a + above and below the logo.

The second type has Schick with the triangle logo and various letter and numbers on each corner with the old Gillette style lifter design. They come in the short and long metal knob variations both with the Schick triangle logo.

The third type has the Eversharp logo and Eagle on the base plate and the old Gillette style lifter design. They come with the long metal knob either with the Eagle or Schick triangle logo and gray or black handles.

Then you have the base plates with the new Schick patented lifter design they come in 2 variations, 1st is with patent pending on the base plate either with the long metal knob or black plastic knobs both with Schick triangular logo, 2nd is without patent pending once the patents were approved, those come only in black plastic knobs.

The door markings or finish doesn't seem to make a difference in how they shave based upon what I currently know.

The knob question is if there is a difference shave wise between the long and short metal knobs with the old Gillette lifter design.

RyX likes this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good info gathering you've done. Thanks for sharing!

I have an Eversharp with the eagle logo and black handle, and a similar Schick with the same long metal knob but gray handle. Ought to try a couple different blades in both since it's been a while. I've found myself leaning more toward big gap aggressives. They have an easier to find sweet spot whereas milder DEs take a little more attention to find the just right angle of attack.

13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I was intetested, but when i saw how much these razors cost i just picked one up, its a great razor, i really enjoy it. I think it gets a bad rap for being to mild, it is mild but very eficient.

RyX likes this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Call me crazy but why don't you just shave with them and enlighten the rest of us..:confused:

RyX likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

True that. Proper Enabling needs photos and glowing exuberant shave reports!

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That is the plan when I get to the razors. Schicktember just started. I am getting ready for inventory reduction so other razors are prioritized first. Back end of the month I'll get all my Krona's shaved with.

RyX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.