*DONE* Shaverman's Embarassment of Riches PIF - Quick & Dirty Edition

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Mr. Shaverman, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Hi. Welcome to my PIF.

As I was shaving with the Slim I won in the Monty Hall PIF this morning, it occurred to me that I have WAY too much shaving gear. So much, I don't need it. I don't have nearly as much as some, but I'm a minimalist who prefers a handful of items that work well, not a collector. So, within the span of 4 heartbeats I looked around the den while shaving and saw a number of quality items that should find their way to a new home. Hopefully to someone who will enjoy them and then possibly pass them (or other gear) along in their own PIF one day. Please read this ENTIRE post including ALL the rules.

It's not much, but at the same time I think it's quite a bit. Along with what you see in the pic, I reserve the right to send some other things I may have on hand as well. Anything could happen, life is random and chaotic.

[​IMG]

What we have here is:

1. A genuine Plisson L'Occitane synthetic brush. Used it about 4 times before I realized I am no fan of synthetic brushes.
    2. A GEM FeatherWeight SE Razor. Who knows how many times this was used or by whom. I believe this was the razor Charles Manson used for years, before passing it along to Saddam Hussein, who passed it on to Bernie Madoff who passed it on to me as part of my refund for him stealing my millions.
    3. 10 Sharks!
    4. 10 Voskhods!
    5. 4 SE blades!
    6. A travel sized tube of Institut Karite. This was from @Bama Samurai 's round of soap reviews. Used only about 4-5 times.
    7. A travel sized tube of CO Bigelow's shaving cream. AKA Proraso Green.

Rules:
    1. CONUS only. Sorry my European friends. :(
    2. You have to be a regular contributing member. Let's say 100 decent posts. I'm not going to go search and read all of your posts to make sure they're 'decent'. This is just the thing that basically is saying if you're some guy who signed up to surf PIF's, you can't join. This is for people who have been contributing and will continue to contribute to the forums here.
    3. It ends next Sunday at 8p. I will take the list of names and figure out a way to pick a random winner.
    4. As promised in an earlier thread somewhere, @PLANofMAN and @cmorris357 will each get an extra entry should they sign up for this.
    5. There is no need to post any pics, but at the same time you are certainly not discouraged from doing so.
    6. Being that it's Thanksgiving week and I'm doing this PIF for being so grateful for all that I've got, you may want to write a few sentences about what you're grateful for too.
    7. Just say you're in.

That's it. Good luck!
    The 'IN Crowd'
    SRNewb
    wmbjr
    Redfisher
    pvtbanks
    david of central florida
    Hodge
    IDuck
    Spyder
    JR Reyes
    DduckyMark
    FatherofSquirrel
    ejmolitor37
    Lo'Gosh
    gwsmallwood
    Jasman
    markjnewcomb
    Omaney
    rmcintyre84
    John Ruschmeyer
    Bill_F

twhite
    Oasisdave
    ilts
    droberts0503
    Shotwell

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Not in, but nice PIF.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  3. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

I'm in for the Plisson. If I win I will take the Plisson, and add a Schick Krona (user grade) and a Simply Beautiful Pure Badger brush to what is left, and re Piff (CONUS) as soon as I can afford it.

4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Very nice PIF. Not in but thank you.

5. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Very generous PIF! I am thankful for all the generous and helpful people here on TSD that got me really going with traditional shaving!

I'm in.

Paul Turner and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm in! Love to try that brush,big fan of synthetics. I'm thankful for all the gifts I have, my home, my health and my lovely wife.

mrchick, twhite and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  7. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

I'm in!

I'm so thankful for the incredible people on TSD. You have all been extremely supportive, and you have all became my family away from home. I have met some of the best people within this little community. I am also thankful for my Fiancé, she has been my rock, and always there for me. There is so many more I could list, but I would hate to bore you all.

Thank you!
    Seth

8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'll be in, only because I want to know what the karate smells like.
    I'm very thankful for my family, friends, and my extended friends here at the den. I'm thankful for my home, the Lord has blessed me to live in the vacation capital if the world.
    if I were to win, much would be repif'ed.
    thanks for the chance to win.

gwsmallwood and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Great PIF.......I am not in.
    Thank you for posting it. I have enough shaving supplies to probably last me until Bernie Madoff, ever gets out of prison. :happy093::happy097::happy102::happy108::smiley respect:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Outstanding PIF. Extremely generous of you. I'm not in.
    I'm grateful for having supportive family, friends, for the weather readers saying this year could be a drought buster! El Nino I'm grateful for all of the members that have donated to the Newbie Give-Away past and present. I'm grateful for each and everyone of you.

twhite, Joef, PatrickA51 and 2 others like this.
  11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I'm extremely thankful for having found a way to turn a chore into a joy. 40 some years of electric and cart shaving turned into this, once I found TSD...and only because of the quality of people here.
    Thanks all!
    :happy096:

Great PIF Mr. S.
    Not in.

twhite and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011: Thank you @Mr. Shaverman for the generous PIF. Not in.

Mr. Shaverman and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. waddowedonowmo

waddowedonowmo Well-Known Member

Not in, but very nice.

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great PIF. Im in.
    If I win, I would kindly ask to have it shipped to my brother inlaw (US Marine Corps) currently stationed in Arkansas.
    Im thankful he is safely back in the States after serving abroad.

twhite, gwsmallwood and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

love it..Im in

16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Great PIF ! I'm in with over 100 indecent posts :)

17. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

This is great and very generous of you. Please count me in.

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great PIF! Not in, though.

I'm thankful for my humble spirit, good looks, rapier wit, and for my 11 cubic feet of shaving supplies.

twhite, Mr. Shaverman and Spyder like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I have too much stuff to join so not in - this is, however, a fantastic PIF.
    Best of luck all and kudos to the shaving mister man.

20. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'm thankful for the masses of kind people I have interacted with in this forum I'm also very thankful that I have my fiance. I've known her for 10 years but we've only been together for the last 1. I wish I would have done this sooner.

I'm in. Thank you for offering this PIF.

twhite and Mr. Shaverman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.