Don't ever watch TV!!! (unless its something good)

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Zen Master Kool-Aid, Mar 26, 2010.

1. I've never personally been a TV junky.

I remember years ago being into that show "V" but if you ask me about it now, I remember nothing. Since then, I've been an on-again, off-again fan of certain programs including the Gordon Ramsey series' Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen... he just has such a way with people. Maybe its all the charming yelling. I also like Iron Chef and that Alton Brown series, Good Eats.

Anyway, I'm not normally into scripted programs. I'm not into reality programs either, but I have a thing for cooking shows. Maybe thats why I like this one so much... but he's not cooking food...

Seriously, this is the best show I've ever seen and its not getting its props because no one has seen it.

Chemistry teacher (Bryon Cranston - 2 emmys for this show) works at a car wash to make ends meet.
    Gets diagnosed with lung cancer.
    Needs 90 grand.
    Starts making meth to get a lot of cash quick.
    And then its just off the rails.

Has anyone else seen this? It has to be the best TV ever produced.

Malcom's dad becomes a drug dealer... and its just SO compelling...
    Seriously, the best show on TV deserves some respect. The trailers don't do it justice. But here's one anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZqsV5UJpM&feature=related

And you can watch the first episode of season 3... (although I recommend starting from the beginning)... here.

2. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

One man's meat, as they say.

I'm with you on Good Eats, but there have been very few new episodes over the past several years. I liked his motorcycle ride, Feeding on Asphalt, following Highway 61 from LA to MN too.

3. ek.310

ek.310 New Member

hmm..I'm also a big history n foodie kinda guy..wife chooses not to watch cause its all darn tempting!..you watch history channel of: Pizza, Mexican Food, Ice cream, Coffee(s), Tea(s)...heck!...you wanna eat n drink it all @ 12pm...:happy102

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I rarely ever watch TV because I'm allergic to the ads interrupting all the time (they make me wanna throw stuff at the screen...) so I buy all my movies and series on DVD.The last really great series I bought was the classic show "The Sopranos" - I don't think I have to say any more ;)

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I don't too much patience for TV these days.

6. MrShaveIt

MrShaveIt New Member

Using Netflix for 9.95 a month to stream over 10,000 movies/shows is all I need ;)

7. JimR

JimR Active Member

I've heard about this one, Eric, tt sounds very good. Bryan Cranston is a heck of an actor.

I'm a very selective viewer myself. Lost, the new BSG, the Simpsons, the Shield, the Sopranos...those are just about the only shows of the last 10 or so years I've watched with any kind of regularity.

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Working my way through season one, but I haven't had much time for it. Seems pretty good so far. Also enjoyed season one of White Collar.

9. A buddy of mine began watching season 1 on Sunday evening. He called in sick to work today to watch season two.

I'm waiting to hear from him... because he's still watching it. When he's done he's gonna give me a call.

I was the same way. Couldn't pull myself away. Watched season 1 in a day.

This is a great show. Definitely highly recommended.