Don't forget to turn back your clocks!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by danbuter, Nov 5, 2016.

1. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Daylight Savings Time ends tonight! Turn your clock back one hour before going to bed, so you can enjoy some extra sleep. :happy093:

Troy M, Robyflexx and wristwatchb like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks! I had forgotten until now. :happy088:

danbuter and Robyflexx like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

A free hour of sleep. Way too cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I dont have clocks anymore.
    Watches a few. But the rest are on smartphones or cables boxes. No clocks.

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. PickledNorthern

No microwave or oven? DVD, stereo? Car radio clocks?

6. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Ohhh, it's not free... It'll cost you in the spring.

Happy now, sad later.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Don't forget about the Election, either. Because of expected heavy voter turn out everyone in our party will be voting on Tuesday. If you are voting for the other candidates, polls will be open Wednesday with much shorter lines and waiting times.
    vote.gif

Troy M, Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

Always the optimist, I am sticking to the narrative that I already paid last spring.

danbuter, simms623 and Robyflexx like this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Yeah, I'll have to get the book out to change both truck's clock. Other than that, no clocks.
    I dont use the one on the coffee pot or stove (if they even have one.
    No dvd player, just the dvr (it changes on its own).
    I live by my phone. Its communication, alarm clock, pc, camera, rolodex, calender, itinerary, and notepad, all rolled upp into a handheld device. I never would have believed it.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

My wife always does the microwave/stove stuff. But we do have one sort of big PITA wall clock that I have to get a step ladder to reach, and take it down to shave. I keep saying we should just leave it a alone and keep a mental note of what time of year it is, but my wife doesn't care for the idea.

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

A displaced hour of sleep. Zero sum game.

I always wonder what living at super high latitude (Iceland, Scandinavia, Alaska) would be like with the wild extremes of sunlight and the always relatively low sun.

PickledNorthern and danbuter like this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

You're one week late

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Just did it now!

danbuter likes this.
  14. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

iPhone says 6:44. The wrist watch says 7:44. Looks like it's about 6:00 or so outside. Think I will go back to bed. Feeling lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Troy M likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This is also a great time to replace your smoke detector battery. [​IMG]

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Most of the clocks reset automatically, but I have reset the ones that needed it.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  17. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I have 2 Casio Wave Ceptor watches that automatically set to the atomic clock in Fort Collins. Synchronized the other watches to them. Cell phone reset itself. The only other clock in the house is on the BOSE radio and I'll set it in a few. Cars? Maybe next month!

danbuter and PickledNorthern like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oops! I forgot the clock in the car. Thanks for the reminder.

Bama Samurai, danbuter and Jayaruh like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I got that one. Thought I got them all, then I looked up and there is the wall clock my dad made for us back in the 70s. I got the rest though. Now I am going to go over and set it back unless, of course, I forget what I got up for. Wish me luck.

Sara-s and PickledNorthern like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Been there, do that.
    You know how you put something somewhere then can't find it? I read this years ago & thought I saved it.

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.D.D. - Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.
    (Use to be called "lack of FOCUS" - But I feel much better now that it is a "disease".)

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay t he bills first. I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed
    the bills aren't paid
    there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter
    the flowers don't have enough water,
    there is still only 1 check in my check book,
    I can't find the remote,
    I can't find my glasses,
    and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

PickledNorthern and Jayaruh like this.