Dorco ST301

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Norseman, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I am bored, and when I get bored I start surfing the ebay and other places of purchase. :)
    And since I came across a nice 400 pack of Dorco ST301 blades, I figured that I could ask the esteemed members of this forum if they know anything about these.

I have only tried the ST300 ones, but do not remember how they performed.
    Probably not too bad

[​IMG]

2. Saliavin

Saliavin Member

These aren't bad blades. I only get one face and head shave from a blade, but it is a smooth BBS for a few pennies. Funny thing is that I can get two days from the 300's.

Norseman likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Actually the only other blade I've purchased in bulk. The other was Astra SP.
    Not a bad blade at all, for me, anyway. I easily get five 3-pass shaves from them.
    Would I buy 'em again? Sure.

My recommendation is to avoid the Dorco 300 at all cost! But that's me.

Norseman likes this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I haven't tried them. There's only a few blades that have worked for me so far. But if those blades work, by all means use the crap out of them man.

5. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I found them to be a decent, and smooth shaving blade, especially in my Gillette TTOs. Had I not discovered the Russians (7-O'clocks, Rapiras, Super MaxSS, and Voskhods) I probably would have ordered them in bulk.

6. 5t8t2u

5t8t2u Member

400 seems to me to be a large number to purchase just to try them out, no matter what the deal is. Also having so many of them may keep you from trying some others. I find these blades however to be adequate to the task.

5Savages, DLreno and Norseman like this.
  7. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I don't like them. They aren't bad blades, and I can get an adequate shave with them, but I'd prefer to buy a blade that's above average for me. Astra SP or Personna Lab blades are my current top choices.

Norseman likes this.
  8. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Thanks guys,
    The craving has passed, and I am more or less back to being sane again. :)

It looks like it might be a good idea to try it. But I guess it is better to get a pack from Connaught Shaving on my next purchase.

9. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Good plan. I reordered the 301's a pack at a time about 3 times, but not a 4th. Just found too many blades that were better for me. My 3rd 301 pack has sat in my medicine cabinet for over a year unopened. Some day it will get used for nostalgia.