Dorco USA 25% off sitewide

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Mr. Shaverman, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

http://www.dorcousa.com

Here's the code: 25VDAYNOW

Good on anything they've got. They've got DE's. I was looking for some TSA friendly razors and got a package of a handle w/ 2x 3 blade carts, and 2x 4 packs of 3 blade carts (total 1 handle and 10 carts) for $7.87 shipped.

I prefer a DE, but there's times when carts are handy. At this price you can't go wrong. The coupon makes it way cheaper than DSC, I believe.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

out of curiosity I just ordered their latest product, a dispo 4 blade razor with shaving foam dispenser in the handle.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hm, I wonder how the SE blades are...
    50 of them for $7.50...and then 25% off that....

[​IMG]

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. richgem

they may have changed by now of course, but I tried them years ago and they were awful. Hopefully you have better luck.

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I have enough SE blades for now (GEM) :)
    Thanks for the fair warning!

richgem likes this.
  6. Mr. Shaverman

I saw that on there! Post your results. It seems like one of those products you'd find in the back of a magazine.

richgem likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

+1 @richgem I would love photos and a review of that thing!

8. richgem

will do.

Darkbulb likes this.
  9. Mr. Shaverman

They've got a DE set called the Dorco Prime starter set. When I first saw it I assumed it was a Weishi, but after looking at it again, it's definitely not. It looks like a Cadet TTO.

[​IMG]

Here's the razor with the cream built in the handle. it says it holds a week's worth of foam, but I'm dubious. It's kind of funny, because this costs $13.99. You can get this head on a regular disposable for a couple of bucks and a full can of Barbasol for $0.99 or so. There's absolutely no savings here, and I'm kind of thinking no real convenience.

[​IMG]

10. richgem

if I read my purchase correctly, it's 3 razors for 1399. If that makes a difference.

11. Mr. Shaverman

That does seem like a more reasonable deal!

12. Mr. Shaverman

I got mine today. I haven't used it, but the handle is metal and better than I thought it would be. It's better than my old Mach 3 handle. Quick shipping!

13. Mr. Shaverman

I tried these out today. Way better than Gillette or Shick, IMHO. Great deal, a handle and 10 cards for less than the cost of 3 carts from Schillete. Glad I got these for travel and other needs. The coupon is still good, not sure when it expires.

14. richgem

I haven't used the shaving cream one yet, but I also got one of their 4-blade handles which comes with 1 4-blade cart and 1 3-blade cart for comparison. As a note, all Dorco carts fit all Dorco handles w/ the exception of the 2-blade carts.

I like the 4 blade handle much more than the 3-blade handle. The 4 is a bit heftier, thicker, and not quite as long. The attachment mech seems sturdier and the pivot point is lower on the cart and more flexible... much more like a Mach-3 than the Dorco 3-blade sys. And the 4 blade shave very nicely... sharp and no irritation.

15. Mr. Shaverman

OMG how could you not be using the shaving cream handle razor yet?!?!

I think maybe they don't do the same handle for the 3 blades anymore. After I'd ordered I'd read some reviews saying much the same thing that you did here and in your awesome review that you just updated. The handle I received was metal and sturdy. I can't stand their 2 blade handle (which I got from DSC) and was expecting something equally as weak after reading the reviews. All 3 and up handles fit the same carts, so I'm wondering if they dropped the crappy handle from the Pace 3's.

Darkbulb and richgem like this.
  16. richgem

I finally got around to using the 4-blade dispo with built-in foam dispenser.
    All-in-all, not bad. The razor is a bit on the light side and the handle is a little long for my taste. But, the blades functioned nicely. The foam was nothing special, but it got the job done. I appreciated the fact that the foam didn't come out all at once and that there is twist-to-turn-on locking mechanism to the dispenser. That said, the dispenser activator/button fell off while I tried to figure it out. Not a big deal. The only real minus, is there's no way to tell how many shaves you would get before you run out of foam. Certainly, I think, it would be good for a weekend away, maybe even 5 days. But, beyond that... /shrug

Mr. Shaverman and Darkbulb like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

Thanks for the review! It seems like one of those goofy stocking stuffers or father's day gifts.

richgem likes this.
  18. richgem

it would probably be good for a quick couple days away like I said. Something to throw in the dopp kit and forget about until you need it.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.