Double Duck Wonderedge

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by Claude Stewart, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Claude Stewart

Claude Stewart Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Just finished the DD Wonderedge. It was in relatively good shape. The hardest part was polishing the brass accents.

Not sure why but, I have come to be enamored with the Double Duck. Perhaps it's the cute little ducks. This is the fourth in my collection. The other three hone nicely and have given me a smooth clean shave. Hope this does the same.

If anyone has a history of the Double Duck brand, I would very much appreciate a link.

Thank you.

ddw2.jpg

ddw.jpg
    ddw1.jpg

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I have never had a DD Wonderedge, but always admire them. Congrats on a beautiful razor.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

3. Claude Stewart

Thank you

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The history of the company is a bit nebulous. They sold fairly good looking razors and mostly sold to the barber trade. Lyn Abrams (straight razor place) said they were good razors, and they became really popular. They tend to have very distinctive scales, which makes them collectable.

The company was started by Charles Bresnick well before WWll in Manhattan. It was a Barber supply company. He really produced nothing. He sold a variety of razors and the DD logo didn't come until years later. He later changed the name to Bresduck and after WWII, Mr Pearlson took over the company and renamed it Pearlduck and moved to Jamaica N.Y.

In the 1970s or 80s they moved to Garden City N.Y under new management where they sold beauty supplies (scissors, nail clippers and the like) and later the name was bought and they still exist (or did a few years ago) in Westchester N.Y selling dog grooming supplies.

Most people think the early blades were made by Puma and the later blades were made by Dovo.

5. Claude Stewart

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the time you took to reply.

Thanks again.

PLANofMAN likes this.