DR Harris aftershaves

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Admiral Beez, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Admiral Beez

Admiral Beez Active Member

Now that my bottle of Old Spice has run out, I've been shaving without aftershave for about two months. I'd like to get back to the morning splash, and would like to try some of DR Harris' shave. http://www.drharris.co.uk/aftershaves

I've seen folks here recommend http://www.drharris.co.uk/aftershaves/d-r-harris-marlborough-aftershave

My issue is that it's expensive for something I might not like. http://classicedge.ca/index.php?rou..._id=37&product_id=1305&sort=rating&order=DESC I wonder if they're are smaller testers available?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

John Beeman likes this.
  3. Admiral Beez

Thanks Shaver. This might be a great help.

4. Admiral Beez

Just bought my first bottle of D.R. Harris at Mensessentials store on Danforth Road in Toronto. It's nice to have a bricks and mortar shop with testers and knowledgeable staff.

I have to say I really like the Windsor aftershave I bought. The scent at first is a bit strong, and it doesn't quite give the after shaving sting I like, but once the day is on the Windsor scent is subdued for most of the day.

Though you have to watch out on web orders, as Windsor is one of the few D.R. Harris aftershaves that is available in both a traditional glass bottle and a plastic hotel-shampoo-like bottle. This is one of the reasons I went to the actual shop, as I didn't want the plastic squeeze bottle - not for $43 thank you very much.

[​IMG]

Keithmax likes this.
  5. Admiral Beez

I find my recent bottle of D.R. Harris' Windsor aftershave is almost odourless and doesn't have much of that "aftershave" sting. My previous bottle was more fragrant and impactful. To a small degree I wondered if the new one had been tampered with and diluted with dihydrogen monoxide. I'll see how the next bottle goes. My Windsor toilet water is good, perhaps I've just become desensitized to the reduced aroma of the aftershave version.

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have a sample of Windsor and noticed that it is not very strong at all, but still has a nice scent and is stronger than Marlborough.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Windsor
    Arlington
    Pink
    All excellent.

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have to chime in.
    All of the D R Harris scents already mentioned are worthy of accolades but I have to give a shout out for their Sandalwood.
    One of the finest sandalwood aftershaves you'll find (IMHO).

battle.munky and Paul Turner like this.
  9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I have the sandalwood and it is one of the few sandalwoods I like, and it makes my skin feel nice too.

John Beeman and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Not a huge fan of the sandalwood. Pif'd it.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Admiral Beez

Unless this virus keeps me home, I’m going to visit the D.R. Harris flagship store in London, UK in August.

John Beeman likes this.
  12. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Maggard Razors sells samples.

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Off topic, but I love the Marlborough Cigarettes theme music from the Magnificent Seven. I'm happy one can still love the music without lighting up. All right, back to shaving.

14. Campion

Campion Active Member

I have the Harris sandalwood. I find it oily or greasy.

15. Admiral Beez

And it did, sigh.

16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I found that to be the same. Its a lovely sandalwood though, just a bit heavy on the skin. I still used every drop of it.

That sucks Sir. I went to many of the shave shops when I visited London a year ago, D.R. Harris being one of them. If you get the chance to go again, take it. Aside from the shave stuff, which is remarkable and a bit overwhelming, London is amazing in general and is a great tourist city.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.