Dr Jon's soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Grick, May 30, 2016.

1. Grick

Grick Active Member

I just came across these soaps and their packaging looks amazing. Unfortuately, due to EU regulations, they cannot be sold in Europe. So what is your opinion? Are they any good?
    PS: I wouldn't mind somebody sending me a soap. I'd send one in return.

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Honestly, I thought they were good, maybe close to top tier if not there. I found the scents to be really good, but not very strong. They are the softest "soaps" I have ever tried, really much closer to a cream. Almost TOBS soft. Other than I remember I thought their performance was good, it has been a long time and I can't say much about lather/slickness etc...

I do not know if I would buy more, because I really do prefer a more pronounced scent in my soaps. Definitely worth trying if you can find someone to trade mail with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whiteboy_cannon and Grick like this.
  3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Great soaps IMO. Slick and thick lather. Great scents. Anne Bonny is the best bay rum scent

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

simms623, Grick and Robyflexx like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have had good luck with Dr. Jon's, both soap & A/S are nice. The Bandit is my favorite scent of theirs, the top note is citrus, but has a complexity to it, very nice scent. The texture is very soft almost like a cream.

whiteboy_cannon and Robyflexx like this.