Dr. Mike's TSD All-stars!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dr. Mike, May 22, 2009.

1. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Alright, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I thought I would take a moment to call attention to some people on here that have made TSD an incredibly enjoyable place. This is not meant to be all inclusive, and I will probably add names to the list. There is no standard that I use to pick these people, and it is all purely subjective. Anyways, here they are in no particular order.

1969Fatboy - Last year I was mostly posting on B&B, and my only experience with Shawn over there (that I remember) was buying part of a tub of Coates Lime from him. There was then a big commotion (that I won't go into), and yada yada yada, I end up over here, talking with him quite a bit. Well, the Coates Lime sucked :D (a constantly recurring inside joke between Shawn and I), but Shawn did redeem himself by introducing me to the wonderful world of low-priced, high quality shave creams out there: Tom's of Maine Mint, Ingram, Palmolive Classic, JM Frasers. Through his generosity, I discovered what has quickly become possibly my number one cream, Tom's of Maine Mint. And he has gotten me addicted to Mafia Wars on Facebook. Shawn is the person here at TSD I've known the longest. He is a great guy, and over time I've bought and traded a ton of stuff with him. He has always been a stand-up guy, and generous as hell.

Truckman - I came to know Matt through the Secret Santa gift exchange this last Christmas. He sent me a bottle of L'Occitane Cade AS and a very nice Gillette Fatboy. I use those items constantly. Over time, we've both helped introduce each other to other great products. Currently I am working on making him as much of a Speick addict as I am. Further chatting on Facebook helped us also discover our common interests in music - including the artistry of Peter Hook's bass playing, and 80's & 90's industrial music. Another generous guy, and great guy to chat with.

Bronco - Early on here, I wanted to help TSD have AT LEAST as nice a review section as B&B. Unfortunately I've been slacking lately (although, I have to say, I've been downsizing, so I haven't tried as much new stuff to review). I did a review of my new QED Select brush, and Bronco liked it so much, that out of the blue he sent me a truly wonderful soap - a TSD Rose essential oil soap that has quickly become my favorite rose soap - for free. Helped me feel at home and welcome right away.

Olafurson - It all started with him wanting to try some bay rums. I had a few for him to try, and I was intrigued by his knowledge of fine fragrances. So I PM'd him for a possible sample swap. I sent him a few bay rums, as well as some other aftershave and soap and cream products I had. He sent me somewhere around 5 billion different cologne samples!!!!!!! Okay, so I exaggerated a little - maybe closer to 5 million. I'm still working my way through them. And we're not talking cheapy brands, but nice ones. Later on, out of the blue, he sent another package my way filled with other things - out of the blue, no strings. Another truly generous guy. He has given away more stuff than I can keep track of. I do tease about the bottle of Jeris Musk that was in one of his packages. It truly is horrid stuff. But, hey, I didn't like the Coates Lime I bought off of Shawn, either, and we're still talking!!!:happy102

Burningdarkness - Although this is a shaving forum, Dom has been great not for his shaving knowledge (which I am not knocking), but for the tutoring he has given me in classical music. My appreciation for, and collection of, classical music has grown exponentially from talking to Dom over in the Classical Music thread. It seems my questions are never ending, pestering him about music theory, or just asking which recording he recommends, but he always answers and steers me in the right direction. Another great guy to chat with.

That's my initial list. Like I said, I'll likely add more names. But this kicks it off. Thanks to these guys, and everybody else, including the mods, that make this a great place to hang out and waste my time.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy096 Definitely some of our finest!

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Great thread!!! :cool:

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Thanks for the kind words Mike! Great thread also:) Great idea!

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Wow Mike, thank you. :ashamed001

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

:signs107

Great Idea!

7. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

very good start Dr. Mike. very good.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Thanks Mike! (Blush!) Great to have you here!

9. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

So, now that I have praised some of you guys, do you need my address to send me more free stuff? :D

Just kidding.

Honestly, these are just the ones I have had the most interaction with. There are others that are great. Feel free to follow my lead and point out those that make this place great. I thought it also might help newbies get a feel for who the good resources are, and also help with knowing who is good to deal with in the Classifieds.

So, bottom line - be sure and send me free stuff, and you make my list!!!!:D:D Just kidding.

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

heheheheheh,smart guy DrMike,you praised and later get the stuff..heheheheh:D:D:D
    Im agree with you,theres guys here that makes this place a great forum.

11. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I'd take Shawn off the list. He's a Red Sox fan.

12. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Nah, I'm from the West Coast, and I prefer football. Doesn't bother me much. Aren't they all on steroids anyways?:D