e Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by lindyhopper66, Mar 17, 2012.

1. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the e Shave brush? I bought a couple from Marshalls. I got the long hair badger version they make (in the USA) and found the brush works well at lathering, but takes a long long time to get rid of the badger odor. Also, the brush continues to lose hair at every shave and after rinsing. The loose hairs get in the way of the razor blade and are just annoying. For the price of these brushes, you'd think they'd be of better quality. Maybe the ones Marshalls gets are rejects or imperfects.

Does anyone else have experience with these brushes?

Also, I saw a thread on synthetic brushes that I disagree with. I have a cheap Omega synthetic, the one LeisureGuy recommends for beginners and it works great and feels great.

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Personally I've never tried one of those.. after some experiences with a couple of small brushes I got at at the dollar store, I just stick with the recognized name brands like Omega etc.. no unpleasant surprises.

And ya that's interesting about the synthetic brush Lindy. Apparently the latest generation of synthetic knot is really starting to come into it's own...

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

4. lindyhopper66

That's the one.

5. lindyhopper66

I just read further where he tests the Franks and likes the synthetics.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I am the "he" to whom that thread that belongs to.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

8. lindyhopper66

Sorry, I originally stopped reading at the numbered reasons synthetics are disliked.

9. lindyhopper66

I emailed eshave customer service about their poor quality brushes and wondering if seconds or rejects were sent to Marshalls. The reply was that they don't sell eshave brushes at Marshalls. I replied with information from the boxes I still had that gave me the website and email for shave inc so I could contact her in the first place. Also, they still have a Marshalls price tag on them. No answer. These brushes are easily losing 15 or 20 hairs a shaving day. On drying, you can see more hairs rising up from head.

10. lindyhopper66

The customer service person is actually the owner and designer of eshave in NYC. She claims to have revolutionized shaving and educated barbers in England. She designs her brushes that are artisan-made by one person. The razors for sell on her site are fancy-handles with Gillette Fusion blade cartridge on top.

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I just shake my head.
    Some stores are used by other manufacturing/outlet channels to "dump" excess or inadequate product to keep their own reputation intact.
    Some manufacturing/outlet channels fall prey to counterfeit products. In which case they are victims as well.
    It is hard to tell sometimes which is which.

12. lindyhopper66

Danielle is continuing to deny she sells to Marshalls and that these are her brushes. She asked for photos and I just sent them. I also remembered I had a little travel kit by eshave, also from Marshalls. She talks about thinking about customers, but her emails surely are nasty and straight denial and I was just presenting facts without nastiness.

13. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Go into Marshalls and take some pictures of the products in the store to show her.

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is beginning to prove my first point earlier about dumping.

15. lindyhopper66

I did send her photos of boxes, front and back, and insert and my brushes and then I remembered I had a little travel kit of eshave from Marshalls as well. All of sudden she now believes me and wants to see a receipt from Marshalls if I still have one. Danielle is now a believer. She says she's upset that Marshalls has her products and wants to contact Marshalls head office.

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now that is even more interesting. Do they have her products through some "improper diversion" that she is not aware of? That would be a big internal problem in her company.
    The other possibility is counterfeiters have invaded the product chain and are riding the e Shave brand name and reputation. Either way, she now realizes she has a major problem to correct. Good work and good followup.

17. lindyhopper66

Yes, that's what she's worried about. I also told her to design double edge razor and a handle that would fit some modern razors. She said if she did, she'd send me one.

18. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Funny that she's concerned that Marshalls is reselling her products and unconcerned with your observations that her product is crap.

19. lindyhopper66

Yeah, I thought the same thing. The brushes are pretty good, but lose hairs endlessly. She didn't seemed too concerned about me thinking poorly about her product.

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

What she really does not understand is that we in the classic shaving community have a real bad habit of discussing these issue across forums. From a business standpoint if she thinks that she is the tops in one "forum" and she has it made...

When you bring up the points that you brought up about the product, and they were deflected, tells me all I need to know about this company.

You did a lot of solid investigative work for her and even though she might not use it, the rest of us will.

lindyhopper66 and Red-Leg like this.