eBay find.......

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Sontag, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

I did something that I said I was not going to do in regards to this new hobby/obsession; I bought a razor that I'm not going to use. I bid on an eBay auction, fully expecting to be outbid. I won a NIB Tech razor (C 1 date code) and 39 new blades. This is the only new DE razor that I've owned, and it's the only one with the original box; it even came with the inspector's ticket. The razor looks too good to shave with it! The blades, on the other hand, will be put to use. I've never tried a Gillette Blue Blade, and I'm looking forward to my first shave with one; my dad says they were his favorite kind.

Here's my loot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Wow $.49. I would think such old blades would degrade in that time. Keep us posted about your results. If they haven't degraded it would give me confidence in the practice of stockpiling.

3. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

Nice score!!

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Several folks here use vintage blades almost exclusively. I've used a few - some worked, some didn't. No different than today's blades - some work, some don't.

Sontag - great score!! :happy088:

Sontag likes this.
  5. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

If I could find razors like this for $.49 now, my wife would NOT be happy. :rofl:

fram773, I've used quite a few "vintage"blades. If they are well preserved (no rust) then I think they shave just as well as they would have when new.

I agree 100% with swarden43:

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Congrats! I have one just like it in my birth year, 1950. It had the $0.49 box too. Don't we wish.........