EJ Medium Silvertip

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Michael, May 8, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

My first decent brush was this EJ. Quite nice, but then along came the Kents...and the B&B Finest...and the Rooney. And well, this one sort of took a back seat. Haven't used it for some time now, but for some reason, I selected it this morning.

Really a very nice brush. Quite soft on the skin, but not at all floppy. Makes tons of lather too, though I do find that more flexible brushes like the Kents and the B&B tend to apply more of it to my face. The Rooney and the EJ seem reluctant to give it up. But it does feel good trying! The only other issue I have with it is that, at about 3 1/2", it's a bit too short for my taste.

Still, having "rediscovered" it, I think it's back in the lineup.

Attached Files:

2. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

same brush in horn. I really love this brush.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Nice, Michael. The only EJ I have is the B&B brush, and it is (almost) too big for me. I may have to see about getting a smaller EJ.

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Blair, it is considerably smaller, but size is only one difference. The other differences are - well ALL of 'em! Like nite and day! Same company, TOTALLY different brushes.

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Well, it's true that the B&B brush is sort of a "hybrid." That's one reason I would like to get a regular EJ brush.

6. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

I have the exact same brush and really enjoy it. I had a similiar experience with less densely packed brushes applying more of the lather to your face and for a while I didn't bother with my denser brushes. But with a light touch, this brush and a tallow based soap you are on your way to shaving nirvana.