Electricuted Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IsaacRN, Jul 6, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I have a Vulfix 2234 brush. Well i just got a new Ayars Bowl and Scuttle. I took my brush to the ayars bowl and after i was done making some beautiful lather, the outside of my brush....the outer bristles were crinkled as if electricuted..:rofl......What could have caused this. Is the brush just not up to the task that im asking of it?

Isaac

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hmmm...I'd have to see a picture, Isaac. I have that brush, and have had no problems with it. I don't use a scuttle, but I have had mine in some pretty warm water, and have used it on both soaps and creams.

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Its not crazy looking..just the outer brushes are a bit frazzled. Ill try to post some pictures by this weekend..

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Did you use a hot pot to soak it?

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Never lather while watching TV

[​IMG]

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I wondered about that too. It would really get the outer bristles hotter than they're normally exposed to. :confused:

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

i had it soaking in warm water.while i was showering......is that a real no no? I had seen Mantic's videos where he would soak the brush in warm water, and people on SRP say they soak in warm to hot water as well.

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Warm water is a must....but if you're using "warm" water prepared by a hot pot, you could be in for badger damage.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

nah..was warm/hot out of the faucet

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Ok Then :D You may have to send your brush to the "Doc" for inspection :rofl

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I've thought about this some more, right after I had my Crabtree & Evelyn Best soaking in some water to de-cream.....after I had shaken the brush out, the hairs along the outside may have looked somewhat like what you are describing. "Curly", if you will.

Once the brush dried out, they straightened out.

This is perfectly normal

12. Will

Will Nevermind

Or not, how bout I take a look at her for you. :rofl

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Haha......all is well now. I do want to get a new brush eventually. I find that this brush is a bit soft for my taste.

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

[​IMG]

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

ROFL.....nice

What do you recommend as far as a fuller brush that is a bit stiffer?

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Savile Row 3124 Silvertip (or the 3824):

[​IMG]

Stiffer, but not "rough" or scrubby. Just pure luxury without the flop. :happy088

[​IMG]

Here's what it looked like new:

[​IMG]

Tattoobob likes this.
  17. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Where can i pick that brush up. Tried a search on the net but could only find Savile tailors

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Charles @ QED

www.qedusa.com/cat_OtherProducts.htm

to order, send him an e-mail. You'll also want to pick up some shave soaps (or sticks).

19. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

That 3128 looks pretty nice as well. Dont know the differences between the two but im sure they are both expensive. What kinda shaving soaps/creams would you also recommend

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Anatomy of SR (Savile Row) coding:

SR xx-yy

xx = handle style
    yy = knot size

Pricing:

22mm = $98.00
    24mm = $115.00
    26mm = $135.00
    28mm = $150.00
    30mm = $170.00

Soaps/Creams??? :rofl I can give you a 10 day dissertation on that. I was suggesting that if you order from Charles (QED), that you should pick up some of his excellent homemade glycerin soaps. But since you asked, you might as well try the Tabac shave soap refill. He has good pricing.