Electronic cigarette

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

O.K. Avid smoker here pack a day plus any cigar or pipe tobacco I can get my grubby little mitts on will be smoked.

But I am trying to quit (getting the dreaded smokers cough).

So I got an E-cigarette and some juice to go with it. I must say I am an avid fan. Haven't had a real cigarette in weeks.

Am I alone or is anyone else doing or thinking about doing this?

jeraldgordon likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I don't smoke, but viewing from a non-smokers position, it would seem to me that the proper use of such as device could help the user to "ween" off the nicotine as the dosages could be manipulated (reduced).

Good fortune to you quitting.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I used a disposable e-cig to quit back in November.

I wish you the best of luck, Will!

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I have been using the 18mg dosage and I cant tell the difference in my nicotine addictions so next purchase will be less and less till I am down to 0mg nicotine

5. watershedmomentz

watershedmomentz New Member

let me know how your journey goes, i've seen people try it, like it, then go back to smoking

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I switched from cigs to snus 18 months or more ago, I cannot really remember. Yes, I still use nicotine, but I really cannot stand any kind of smoke now. I looked at the e-cigs and did not find it attractive. Snus is much more discrete and provides the same effect.

7. ourlastdefeat

ourlastdefeat Member

The E-Cigs are great but unfortunately I don't think that the technology is there to provide a more natural smoking experience. I got mine and after two weeks the batteries crapped out, and the charger wasn't charging all that well, and so I sent it back and got my refund. So while I did enjoy my experience those short comings really make my smoking experience sub par. So I am just going to wait for a few more years more and then try again to see if those issues have been fixed.

8. bc9

bc9 Member

I've been looking at both options...I've tried Snus, but I find it almost sickeningly sweet. The e-cigarette will probably be the next thing I try...

9. chadmartin01

chadmartin01 New Member

Ecig is definitely worth a try.
    I've been using them for over a year now, analog free
    The only draw back is its as addicting as my shaving collection. All the different mods, some have become quite collectible already.
    Razors and Ecigs have become my top 2 morning eBay searches.

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

One of my friends tried one. They are expensive and he quit using it after awhile. He's been without a cigarette for a little over a month, he just quit cold turkey.

I too used to smoke at least a pack a day. I quit smoking on a military deployment. I haven't bought a pack of cigarettes in almost two years come Dec. 9th. Now I will admit that I slipped a couple times when I had been drinking, but I haven't gotten addicted again.

We're here for you, just put your mind to it and you can quit. It's all about what you want.

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've been seeing the vaping question popping up on more and more forums lately. There is a large community of vapers who are analog (tobacco) free these days and there is a large forum for e-cig smokers. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ I bought the nJoy e-cig several years ago, tried it and didn't care for it. I kept the used cartridges and smoker around and dug them out last week and recharged the batteries. I plan to buy some juice and refill them and have another go at it in the next few weeks, now that I know the proper way to smoke one. I might even sell off the nJoy and upgrade to a better brand.
    It sounds as though you purchased one of the early or low end sets. It's like giving up on driving because your first car was a Yugo. Do some more research and check that forum link I posted above. There are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of happy e-cig smokers out there, who are perfectly happy with their vapers.

Edit: I didn't realize this was an old thread.:ashamed001:

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My brother gave me an nJoy but I didn't care for it...draw and vape were okay but I get better results from the Mistic you can buy at WM (I just rejuice the Chinese carts with U.S. made Johnson Creek). But price went up on the Mistic so I'm sworn off for the foreseeable future.

Someday, someday, I'm going to get Johnson Creek's VEA. Look it up if you haven't seen it...reviews I've seen are all positive and it sounds like they really put a lot of thought into the features.

13. chadmartin01

chadmartin01 New Member

Be nice, be careful what you say on ecig forum, there kinda up tight n protect there vendors over the members.
    Sign up at vapors forum too. It's a lot more relaxed and if a product is good or junk, it's pretty easy to find out.

Ecigs have come a long way since you first tried them. You can actually get a good quality mod (which is a lot less hassle) for same or cheaper than the cheap starter kits that usually end in fail.

If I can help you out in any way, shoot me a message. Best of luck!

14. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Good luck with quitting the stuff, I'm still smoking although I'm thinking of quitting again...last time I went cold turkey and hadn't smoked in 6 months...

15. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Good luck to you quitting, I smoked for over twenty years, quit for two years then went back to it again, quit again twelve months ago and am still smoke free, didn't use an electronic cigarette, just a nicotine spray which I only used once or twice, but I know several people at work who are using them to good effect, the best of luck to you

16. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Good luck quitting.

I've never been a smoker myself, but I have tried snus once. About ten or fifteen years ago, after some urging from a friend of mine. It was a Friday evening in good company, with tasty beverages and a lovely little lady that seemed to like the Norseman.
    The snus gave me a "high" that lasted for ten minutes and made me king of the world and a feeling worth a million bucks. And then I started falling and I just kept on falling for the remainder of the weekend.

The lovely little lady was not impressed and I still remember the look on her face when she convinced me to join her on the dance floor and my face turned a less than charming shade of green.

I haven't felt that sick since, (except the day when my second child was born. I got hit by the flue five hours before the Norsewoman went in to labour. She was also not impressed :) )

So my lesson learned was to stay away from nicotine. It just messes up my "game"