Ellis Hybrid

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by Bill, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I don't think you could call this a restoration, so I'll call it a hybrid. The blade is vintage and I have restored it, but the scales are some that I did. I'm thinkin' that restorations are just fixin' original stuff to original specs.

The scales are out of yellow heart with a CA finish. Also, it sports a bit of wood veneer inlay apparently on the way to the finish line.

This is the original shape of the blade, by the way. I know that sounds a bit like an eBay auctioneer, but it is the truth. Never seen one like it... go, Bill, it must be rare, too. And it's MINT. The thickness of the blade at the widest part is about 1/4 inch. At the point of the blade, it's about 5/32. So, it's tapered in both planes. That may be why it honed up so easily. It was a bit different to hone, but not difficult. I used a scything circular motion. It mows down hair like it had a blower attached.

I'll be selling this one on my site pretty soon, starting out on my Private Stock page for those of you who are privy to that page.

Attached Files:

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That is a very unusual blade. Excellent job as always Bill!

So, how does one become privy to the Private Stock page? ;)

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

I love this one too :drool:drool:drool Outstanding work as usual Bill :1respect

A very unusual profile on this one.....

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Very nice work as always Bill

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I believe you have to be a previous customer to qualify for the super-secret Private Stock page. Which kind of makes it a bit difficult to join such an illustrious group, since there's probably fewer than 5 or 6 straights left for sale on his entire "public" sale pages.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about membership your Private Stock pages, Bill. If so, I apologize.

I don't think any of us who aren't already previous customers will ever get a remote chance at purchasing any of these straights in these threads. :( Pity too... Bill makes the absolute most stunning razors available.

6. William

William New Member

What an unusual blade.......I don't recall ever seeing one like that before? Love that funky shape. Very nice scales too Bill. 10/10 on the wowometre

Pity I don't yet qualify to have a go at buying it.....Although, I believe my wife is very relieved .:rolleyes:

7. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Very cool Bill!

Jordan

8. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Nice work Bill. The blade is awesome. I've got a "John Sellers" with a similar blade style. Fantastic shaver, one of my favorites.

9. Joe C

Joe C New Member

As usual, superb work.

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hmmmm, Private stock page? :confused: wanna help a guy out? :D

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Take me with you if you get in Neale.. :D

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I've bought from Bill before. :p

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Bill is a great guy in general. I am sure one day I will be graced with access. My piggy bank is ready. :D

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im in the club as well :p

15. minderasr

minderasr Member

Come on back pay check! Daddy needs a new Bill Ellis

;)