Em's Place Pre-Shave Oil

Discussion in 'Preshave Reviews' started by lamontqsanford, Dec 28, 2008.

1. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I purchased some of Em's pre shave oil about 3 months ago. At first it really didn't do much for me. I tried applying it before my shower to soak in. I also tried applying it before I lathered up and wasn't a big fan. I didn't notice much better of a shave but it definately didn't make my shave worse.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago.

Since using my slant, and other razors, I have always had a problem area on my left jawline up to my cheek. No matter what I tried it took forever to get close and sometimes I got too close and redness appeared. I decided to get Em's pre shave out and I found that it works great for problem areas. I do my first 2 passes without the oil and then on the 3rd and, if needed, touchup pass I use Ems oil. I apply it to my face and then lather over it. It works wonders and has solved my issues with any problem areas.

I wouldn't say that as a pre-shave it is a great product but it definately works well when used in conjuction with the shave. I will keep a bottle of this around.

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Good stuff!

This has been sitting in my shave den for quite a while and kind of gave up on it. Until I read Leisure Guy's last pass shave oil method. I do my normal 3 pass shave and ....then apply the oil with one hand and do a touch up. WOW! Same light pressure and as you apply the oil you can tell what areas need touched up. Of course your face is very moisturized as well. I didnt have as much luck applying it before the lather since the lather seemed to....well dissipate it. I love the scent of the oil and the fact that it is a light weight oil and not as heavy as Nancy Boy(which I do enjoy as a pre-shave) or AOS. I realize I could make my own but Em does such a nice job with it:D

3. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Currently use the shave oil only if I do not shower.

Followed instructions and utilize as true pre shave oil. Works very well. Allows better glide thus a closer shave. Oil also seems to tighten my skin.

Anxious to try the other technique listed in the prior posts. Skin care is great.