Enjoying my Shaving

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Norvell06, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

I am 57 year old from the UK and 6 months ago took up wet shaving,wish I had years ago. I have about 5 DE Razors,but recently on my trip to the States purchased a Gillette Fatboy F4. I had my first shave with it tonight and what a shave. I have a above the tie regular calypso,Muhle R41,a merkur with bog oak handle,all give great shaves,but after my shave with the fatboy it is going to be my favourite,if it shaves like this all the time. Even though I am in the uk I do order a lot from the States even with postage it can work out cheaper,just a pity aftershave can't be posted. I am new to shave forums and just wanted to let people know I love the Gillette fatboy.
    Regards Kevan

RyX, Zykris, brit and 10 others like this.
  2. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to TSD. Looks like you’re off to a great start. Glad to have you here

3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome aboard!

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Norvell06 , glad you have joined us.
    zwelcome1a.jpg

5. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD Norvell06. Really Glad that you joined us. Enjoy!

7. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Thanks

8. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

9. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Thanks

john zeiger likes this.
  10. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Thanks

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Thanks
    This

12. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Kevan, welcome to The Shave Den! It looks like you're off to a great start. I'm also currently enjoying some great shaves with my G3 (birth quarter) Fatboy. It appears that your F4 is a birth year razor as well.

SOTD_063018.jpg

RyX, brit, Primotenore and 1 other person like this.
  15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

16. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Only tried it today,two days growth average stubble,a little executive shaving pre shave oil,and fitjar shave cream which is probably the best cream I've tried(not cheap) loaded in shaving bowl with badger brush.Had it on number 4 and what a shave from a 1960s razor with an astra blade. Not really settled on my choice of blade yet,can't use the feather,but have few to work on.
    Regards Kevan

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Kevan, you might consider joining the 30 Day Rule/Focus group. That would be a great place to further refine your technique, enlist the help of a some mighty fine folks with any questions you may have, and have a little fun in the process. If you stick around long enough, you'll find yourself helping and teaching new wet shavers. A new thread starts each month, but you can join the party anytime. I hope to see you there!

RyX likes this.
  19. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Thanks,I'm not very up on the social media thing so I'm prone to mistakes when using it,but thanks for the info,really enjoying my new Razors and Shaving now is pleasurable instead of a chore,just my Shaving gear is taking over the bathroom much to the wife's dismay,but I'll see how this goes.
    Many thanks Kevan

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  20. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Thanks Same here