Ever Ready Ambassador/Streamline/Jewel etc.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dangermouse, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hope this helps! I know it will.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

dangermouse, MPF9, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Sorry for the delayed response, but my razor is a jewel.

brit likes this.
  3. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

That's a great picture Ron. Thanks.

Ron R, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have a stropper set from the 30's. It is a super nice looking razor and I enjoy having it, but it is far from my best shaver. I will need to snap some better pics but here is one.

streamline.jpg

Ron R, dangermouse and brit like this.
  5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

DC070276-47CC-4809-9AD8-02A1C489A1B1.jpeg 01C66562-2119-4CC3-BFAD-02CCA0E7E0C2.jpeg They are great razors. Mine provides an excellent shave. I just received a Star DE Razor as part of my Secret Santa gift. They are allegedly great shavers. I'm really looking forward to shaving with it.

dangermouse and brit like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

The original picture did not have the writing on it, I contacted @Wolfie86 that I wanted to use it on the Thread https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/gem-razor-models.60719/page-9 & so he did us all a favor and explained the differences. He did us all a favor with the help of @mata_66 with the touch ups to the photo. I do have the photo with out the writing on it but his upgrade is far superior IMO so I thank @Wolfie86 over at B&B.
    Have some great shaves!

brit and dangermouse like this.
  7. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

The Star de is a phenomenal shave! Now, where did I put mine?

jgreenepa and brit like this.
  8. Jgg

Jgg New Member

20200713_202558.jpg
    Hey i hope u guys see this and can help me with some info as i have no idea . Thanks!

Attached Files:

Ron R likes this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Have you got it yet? A quite rare set of Razor often called a “Streamline” plus S/S container for Brush and Shaving stick. The Razor is on aggressive side but IMHO delivers great Shaves, uses Gem SE blade.

10. Jgg

Jgg New Member

Yes i have had it for some time. Have only seen one other photo of the same set but it was not complete! Thanks for info.

11. Jgg

Jgg New Member

20200713_232254.jpg any ideas what price range in todays market?

Ron R and brit like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Depends on market place, on the Bay could reach $ 180+.If on a forum a fair price around $ 110 mates rates
    Whatever you need to use this Classic Razor, I have one with custom made leather case

Jgg, Ron R and brit like this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

We try not to discuss selling prices for razors. What you paid is ok, but what it is worth is considered a No-No. Just because we have so many coming around, just to try to sell what they have.
    My suggestion is to find some GEM Single Edge blades, at CVS or Walgreens pharmacy, and give that razor a shave. Or, order the blades over the internet. They are inexpensive.

MPF9 and PanChango like this.
  14. Jgg

Jgg New Member

Allgood mate thanks. I just interested to know incase insurance is needed as it is a family item im not flogging off atal will be on show in man cave till im ready. Cheers

DaltonGang likes this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

You really need to use it, and do a write up for future generations. Plenty of info earlier in this thread. I Shaved today with one of my "Streamlines" today.

IMG_0877.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Droo78 likes this.