Ever Ready - Help on ID?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 20, 2019.

1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I received the razor I chose as a raffle prize earlier this month today and it's a beauty. Honestly, I had no clue what I picked as the picture wasn't definitive. I just picked a number and went with it. I think I did well.

I know it's an Ever Ready and from what I've found in Wait's it appears to be around 1919-1920. It hinges on the guard and is stamped Brooklyn, NY. Other than that I'm clueless. Thought some of the SE experts around here could give me a hand with info. I'm going to get it cleaned up good and give it a trial run in the near future along with the Kampf Star I got off of eBay last week.

Ever Ready Unpacked.jpg
    Ever Ready on Box.jpg
    Ever Ready Hinge.jpg
    Ever Ready Open Head.jpg

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Looks like a shovelhead

Frijolero, gorgo2 and NCoxSTL like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That right there is what we call the 1924..or shovel head. Good pick. It is not my favorite but that does not mean it is not a good razor. You will enjoy the shaves I bet. One pointer I would give is to give it a good shake after rinsing. They tend to hold water in the head. it is just as easy to use as the 1912's and such. I was going to post a video of using one but I can not find where I made one. HUMMMMM I need to fix that soon.

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Very cool. Like I said, I picked blind, basically. There was a picture of several razors and none of them were really recognizable so I took a shot at getting a good one. That takes my vintage Ever Ready/Gem collection to the 1912, 1914 and now 1924. Add the Kampfe Star and I'm up to 4. Weak compared to some but hey - quality over quantity.

Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thanks! I knew I had come to the right place.

Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is a start. I like the 1914 a lot more then the 24. No real reason as far as how they shave though. I posted a heads up about this in the SE thread. Maybe some of those guys will pop over here and take a peak and share their thought. You are a member across the street you know.....:cool::D

Frijolero and NCoxSTL like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'll stagger over there in a bit and say hi. :eatdrink047:

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:bounce017::bounce015::happy093:

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That was the first real razor that I ever tried shaving with, knowing pretty much nothing about how to wet shave. I can handle it now but still have bad memories about the damage that thing inflicted on me (that is, damage I inflicted on myself).

Frijolero and NCoxSTL like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I love my Shovelheads as much as any of 'em. Never any problems.

twhite, Frijolero and NCoxSTL like this.