Ever Ready Set

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Windwalker, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Looking for info on this set, also needs a strop, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice looking set there.... never seen anything like that one.

3. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

I HELPED YOU ALREADY DAMMIT.

:happy013

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sheesh.. you needa bucket of carrots?:D

5. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

My name isn't dammit, and I can't help it you found the other one first! ;) Besides, I thought the guys here would enjoy seeing it. :prrr ;)

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

youre just a show off.

i taught you too well.

7. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Damn Skippy! Just spreading the disease. :signs136

8. riffin

riffin Active Member

Wow! That's some BIG letters! ;)

I have two of those sets, one with an outer box and a strop still wrapped in plastic (now whose showing off :rolleyes: ). They are the British made New Improved. Very mice razor!

9. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Wow, that must be a really small razor set. :happy102 Sorry the door was open, so I just had to walk in. :D And you are not showing off unless we see the pictures. ;)

10. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

You know, when I was a kid I thought that was my name. It seemed like all I heard was "Dammit, stop hitting your brother", "Dammit, quit jumping on the bed", "Dammit, did you break that window?" Sometimes I crack me up!! :happy097 :happy097 (Really trying to see if I could say Dammit in a post 3 times, oops that is 4 times!)

11. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

:happy102:happy102

did you track down a strop yet?

12. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

No, not yet. Work has been keeping me too busy to look, classes are over Thursday, so I should have some time after that.

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Why would you need a strop for a safety razor?

14. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

because it's an autostrop razor. I dunno anything about them, other than I was || this close to owning that set.:D

15. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I was under the impression that auto strop gots its name because it was automatically stropped and thus did not require stropping at all. Thus there is something here that I do not quite understand.:confused:

16. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

17. Griz

Griz Member

Auto Strop Strop

There is a strop for the Auto Strop and I have one that came folded up in a tin box with my Auto Strop razor and blade case in a large(er) tin box.

It was made to fit throught the razor itself and had a metal peice on one end with a leather loop attached to pull it through.

I found an Auto Strop cardboard box with a new strop inside last weekend in N. GA while poking around, but did not buy it since I already have one.

PM me if anyone has interest and I can pass on the information for the contact.

Will N.

18. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

If you go back up to D.Irving79s post and click on DAVE in his sig, it will take you to youtube and his videos. That should explain things. The Auto Strop is an SE, that has a slot to accept a strop. The blades and the strop were made for them, so that you were forced to deal with them for parts. The strop is attached to an anchor, threaded through the razor, under the blade, and pulled taut. The razor is then moved back and forth, from one end of the strop to the other, stropping the blade. There are a set of gears that flip the blade after each pass, watch the video and all will be revealed. I believe it was called an Auto Strop because there were no extra parts needed, the strop is built into the razor. The Gem and others had a stropping handle or the stropper shown above was available as well.

19. riffin

riffin Active Member

And...I think... because it automatically flipped the blade to avoid rounding the edge. But what we're talking about here is an Ever-ready that include a separate stropper. It's similar in function to the Autostrop, but is not part of the razor itself.