EVERY READY 100 T [boar] - Original Knot

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by EzraCobb, Dec 31, 2017.

1. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Anybody here use the Ever-Ready 100T with it's original knot? About one year ago I purchased a NOS 100T and it does seem to shed a few hairs on every shave - nothing major, but I also have only used this a dozen times. It is really fun using this ol' brush with it's original knot - its not big - but has the backbone and lathers great - I tested it on modern Williams and it was GREAT!!!! I do say - that I did not consider myself "good" at lathering until I learned how to create lather from modern Williams - a lather that does NOT disappear.

Anybody else a fan of the original UN-MOLESTED ER 100 T ??

[​IMG]

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good looking brush. That razor is insane!

3. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I have quite a few older more experience brushes with their original knot. In fact I have only one experienced brush that has a new knot and that was because all the old bristles had been pulled out in the center from abuse.

Here are some EverReady brushes with their original knots. Third from left is a 100 Boar.
    [​IMG]

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice!
    I have a 200T (left) and a 250PB (pure badger), both with original knots, both in the rotation.
    20171231_140630.jpg

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a ER 104 that is an unmolested boar. A favorite of mine. Great looking brush there. I agree with the Williams lather goal.

Linuxguile and EzraCobb like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The unfortunate truth is that most ER I pick up are in bad condition, so that forces me to restore them.

Linuxguile and EzraCobb like this.
  7. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I seem to have more original shape EverReady and MadeRite brushes than from any other North American makers but my favorite Experienced brushes are from Peerless and Rubberset. My Rubberset boar brushes and two of my Peerless Pure Badger brushes are absolutely amazing. One of the Peerless is from the Canadian plant while the other is US made.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Linuxguile and Enrico like this.
  8. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

So the first ever ready is the original knot - That is a badger? I also have that brush and assumed it was a Re-knot? as I saw a little glue spots around the rim - maybe the person fixed it? what do u think?

Is this the original knot?

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, Jorvaljr and TestDepth like this.
  9. swarden43

What is the number on the base?
    As I mentioned above, my badger is a 250PB, meaning Pure Badger. The number represented the cost of the brush at the time; $2.50 in my example, $1.00 for a 100T.

10. jar

jar Well-Known Member

The first brush is a 300PBT; pure badger two tone handle that sold for $3.00. Nothing after the price code or just a T is a boar. C would be a cased badger/boar. PB is pure badger. N is nylon.

Linuxguile, Jim99, TestDepth and 2 others like this.
  11. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Jess for fun, my MadeRite brushes. All are still the original knots and all are in regular use. The one on the far left is a nylon while the others are Pure Badger.

[​IMG]

12. swarden43

Sweet lineup, jar!

13. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Mine would not, could not, make it. When I found it, there was this amazing bald spot in the knot. I mean, it looked great at first:
    [​IMG]

But then it got wet...
    [​IMG]

So I had to try and help it out.
    [​IMG]

I'd love to find one that is in good shape. Even my 300T is hollow in the middle. Same with (2) H40's(they look like the 200T @swarden43 posted)

Linuxguile, Jim99 and Enrico like this.
  14. swarden43

Lots of folks, self included, have reknotted brushes. Real easy - pull the old knot, clean out the hole in the handle, glue in a new knot.

Rev579 likes this.
  15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

One could even say......psycho.

Jayaruh likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :happy097:

battle.munky likes this.
  17. jar

jar Well-Known Member

One really interesting thing involves the two smaller butterscotch MadeRites. They are both model #54s and I think I bought one but the other was one of my Dad's brushes. When I cleaned his up and put it next to mine I noticed that the handles are the same material but two slightly different shapes.

[​IMG]

swarden43 and Linuxguile like this.