Evilbay strikes again?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RocketMan, Feb 20, 2009.

1. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That's a Slim. You really can't fault the sellers unless they have been around the block. Not many people know razors like us.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I gave away my slim a while ago. Looks like a slim though, as I'm staring at my fatboy.

4. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

It seems to do wonders for his price though.

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Call him on it if you think he's misleading people.

6. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I don't know what to think.

If you look through his history he has sold quite a lot of razors. At least in the dozens. He should be learning something along the way.

Here is another rather skinny fat boy he sold http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300280772357

But, in his defense, he seemed to get this one right - unless he sent the superspeed!! http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300275542961

There are adjustables as well but as time goes by the photos and info are no longer available. So I am not gonna raise a stink.

I guess I just am not impressed with a buyer who is either purposefully misleading people, or too easily willing to put the name to something which will pick him up the most cash while being too lazy to find out if he is right about it. Either way it sux.

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'd call intentionally misleading people fraud.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That is an obvious slim. However, if you use this website (which many of us use), it doesn't list the Slim coming out until 63 even though they were out in 61. There are similar charts on other sites and this one I have noticed has that error. It is possible that the seller did try to research, came across this site and then used their wrong information. The second Slim/Fatboy auction also falls into that error range..

If you search on google for Gillette date codes, that is one of the first site that pops up so that is the first site that many eBay sellers are prone to use to identify what they have.

So it could be an honest mistake and why some of the sellers don't immediately jump to change their auction when they are called on it.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Um, you are talking about a razor, right? :D

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Some how I knew that was coming:D

Fuzzy

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm surprised it took so long. :happy102

12. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Well, I couldnt call it fat. More.....stout.

Anywho, call him out on it. If all he has to say is "ay there, don't think its a fatboy ay? Did you check the chart ay?"

Correct him. If he doesnt correct the listing than report him.

13. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Ok Jaykay - I did just that. And, he responded quickly, ended the auction and relisted the razor.

I am impressed.

And the guy with the large bid on it who also had zero Ebay purchases under his belt will probably be the better off for it!

Ten-4 :transport003