Excited for my most recent acquisitions.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LevelupShaves, Jan 17, 2021.

1. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

After nearly 3 years of no buy and some den thinning via use and PIFs my wife wanted to do something special for Valentine's day. I've been on a hard soap kick and I've passed up buying Martin de Candre or Saponificio Varesino for awhile. My wife who often enables my addictions encouraged me to go ahead and finally pull the trigger so I did. I'm excited to get SV 70th Anniversary and MdC original over the next week. I'll definitely be posting my thoughts as soon as I get my hands on them. In the meantime what are some of your experiences with these soaps?

2. brit

brit in a box

i have SV Felce and MDC Agrumes..both are fantastic soaps and will last you for a long time..:)

LevelupShaves likes this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the MdC. I have only seen good things about this soap.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

brit and LevelupShaves like this.
  4. LevelupShaves

Thank you. That's sort of what I'm going for as well. Having 4-6 soaps that I rotate through every week that last a long time instead of having over a dozen some of which sit unused for weeks or months at a time. I also like hard soaps and interesting packaging so I was always headed here. Some other keepers for me are Tabac, DR Harris, and Mitchell's Woolfat.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome.they are definitely in that genre..nice collection..you won't be disapointed.mine are just flavored differently.:) Klar seifen is another soap you shouldn't overlook..small but fantastic..

6. LevelupShaves

Awesome I'm excited can't wait until they show up.

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

both use a slightly different procedure to get thick decedent lathers and will require you to dial them in a bit,like anything else..:)