Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at The Blackland razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Doh!

I blame too much fatty food and grown-up drinks over the past few days....

2. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    This showed up today. Too busy to test it, but I threw a razor together for the pic. Looks cool. It'll be interesting to see how it shaves. Ok now back to packing....

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, JR Reyes, obturador and 2 others like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oooh...now that's interesting..... :)

ShaneS and obturador like this.
  4. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I'm a liar. I made time to shave my neck real quick. It was a pretty bad ass shave. It's going to be a winner once I dial in the details.

AGHisBBS, PLANofMAN and Darkbulb like this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Whaaaaaaat... No Omar you cant, yes we CAN, noo.. We are not allowed.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]

ShaneS and Omelmad like this.
  7. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Vast majority of orders are on their way to their new homes. They should start arriving tomorrow. Maybe even tonight for close locations.

8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

:happy096:

ShaneS and Robyflexx like this.
  9. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I'm short 50 silver long handles so those orders are stuck for now. Tomorrow I'll find out when the handles will come in so I can work on those orders. Once I find out I will contact those recipients to let them know what's going on.

Yours is packed up and ready to go. You'll get a tracking number tonight.

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So you are sending tracking with shipping? That makes me a part of the vast minority. :(

Omelmad likes this.
  11. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure of your real name, but if you ordered a black razor or a short handled silver one then you should get a tracking number tonight. I'm printing out labels right now so you might be in that batch.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It's all good. I did order short silver. And after seeing the pictures of all of those pieces, and imagining the work involved in packaging all of them and sending.... I could have waited a day or too. Hope when this is all done you get to sleep like Rumplestiltskin.

ShaneS likes this.
  13. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Then unless I screwed up you're in this batch and will receive an email sometime tonight or early in the morning. I'll definitely be crashing when I catch up on all these orders. Getting there!

Troy M likes this.
  14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Oh nooooooo! I hate to think what that means. I ordered a long handle and haven't gotten an email yet. BUMMER!!!!! I'm totally unhappy!

15. Boojum1

Now you realize your 50 long handles short? WOW! So fifty people get zip this year?

16. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I've been very open about every possible problem I've encountered including this. The problem affects about 30 people and they'll be individually contacted to let them know. I expect it to delay those orders by a few days. Best case scenario I'm able to ship this Thursday. I'm sorry you're upset, but I'm doing my best to deal with the problem. It's a very minor setback caused by the machinists mistakenly not shipping those parts. They are machined, but just need to be treated.

17. Boojum1

When will the 30 affected people find out their orders will be delayed?

18. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Tomorrow I'll find out exactly when the parts will be done. With that information in hand I'll contact each person to let them know when their order will ship. I obviously never wanted this to happen and I'm sorry, but as far as these things go a few day delay is pretty minor. Of course, a refund is always an option if any customer doesn't find the situation acceptable.

19. Boojum1

:(

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Cheer up Boojum, what's a few days longer? Most of us have been waiting since early August. If you are one of the affected ones, it's too bad mine has already been shipped. I would have had Shane pull out the long handle and get yours shipped off. I wouldn't have minded waiting a few extra days.

Troy M, Omelmad and obturador like this.