Excuse me Silver Aristocrat #66 ?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by SSLSTudio..., Jul 31, 2007.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

2. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Alfred is a long time seller that knows the market price. He lives in Canada, and shipping to the US is more than one would like.
    I've purchased several razors from him, but his prices have gone up after he established the ebay store.
    The thing with him is that there is no guessing. Very accurate descriptions and great photos.

3. minderasr

minderasr Member

I've made a few purchases from him as well. I wonder where he finds all these beauties?

:cool:

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Im not attacking the seller or anything if it may have come off that way sorry thats not the point.

the point is the Gillette's #66 price has rised to the sky while you could get one easy for $40 or even $25 3 years ago. ever since the shave forums have become bigger the hunt is ON aswell. I bet the same goes for the STICKY and to make matters worse indeed these are hard to find razors. your best bet would be finding an aristocrat at some Antiqu shop who doesnt know the street prices.

I didnt attack the credibility of the seller obvious the razor is worth that amount due to its rarity and collectibilty its just a great shaver but for $300 id think twice to shave with it..which is strange cuz a Maestro Livi str8 will set you back easily $600.

5. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Definitely for collectors only. But so pretty. :drool

Alfred has very nice razors, always. I've made two buys off him and the razors' conditions were exactly as described, and ready to shave with.

6. jlander

jlander New Member

I have bought several razors from Alfred. He knows the market, he knows his razors. If I wanted another #66 for my collection I would not hesitate to buy from him.

It is a shame that the prices have gotten so high. I bought mine several months ago for $25 and it had a blade case.

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

bloody hell, now that's a lot of cash - thanks, I'll pass ;)

8. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

The razor was posted to attract some traffic to the store and to stir some interest; I don’t expect for anyone to buy it at this price. I know the price is a little insane.
    BTW, can you imagine what price I’ll ask if I’ll ever have an Essor Supreme for sale ?! :D
    Regards,
    Alfred

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Welcome to the Den....and btw....that was a good marketing technique

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Alfred!

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Welcome Alfred, it's always a pleasure to see you around.

12. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Thank you very much everyone. Nice forum, I really like the design.
    BTW, I think the interest for wet-shaving is cooling off a little. The prices for razors seem to go down (I was able to make some cheap purchases lately). I’m wondering if it’s something permanent and wet-shaving was just a fashionable fad, or is something temporary.
    Regards,
    Alfred

13. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

It could be just the end of summer: vacations, thinking about getting back to school, etc. Or how long has the decline been noticed?

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Its a way of life....

Life does not cool down :p

15. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

3-4 weeks now.
    I tought the same; vacations, back to school, etc...
    We'll see what will happen in Sept, Oct.
    Regards,
    Alfred