Fall Shave Soaps ?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jaro, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Also a vote for Lavanille. And I still break out the CRSW Fall from a few years ago...outstanding.

brit and jaro like this.
  2. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Fall shave soaps for me? I like Cella and Tabac and only recently discovered how to make a shaveable lather with a british hard soap (Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood) so I'll be rotating that as well. I very rarely use Proraso Green line during the cooler months as it's my preferrred warm weather soap. Same with fragrance choices, Proraso Green splash or a mediterranean style citrus like Borsari in the summer then back to darker scents for fall and winter. Sandalwoods, G.F. Trumper Eucris, Old Spice and Tabac all work well.

brit and jaro like this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I love pumpkin stuff!!!!##!

Latherin’ Luddite and brit like this.
  4. jaro

What does Autumn glory smell like?

Michael_W and brit like this.
  5. jaro

Gotta try tabac sometime..

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

proraso wood and spice is really nice during the cold months..

BigD and jaro like this.
  7. jaro

I have never saw that one before

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

download.jpg

Latherin’ Luddite, BigD and jaro like this.
  9. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Tabac is a classic, and a performer, but has a very powdery scent that doesn’t really say “fall scent” to me. Scent interpretation is very personal though, so I’m just one nose.

brit likes this.
  10. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

B&M Nocturne
    Love the Apple Cider Burnt Leave aromas.

brit likes this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Really great stuff. My wife loves it when I use it and stay home. Doesn't like it when I use it and go out.
    [​IMG]

12. Latherin’ Luddite

I just ordered the cologne. I’d have rather started with the aftershave, but the evil online giant didn’t have it.

brit and BigD like this.
  13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Can be bought here;
    Italian Barber
    West Coast Shaving

14. Latherin’ Luddite

Thanks! I’ve ordered a pile from both those stores. I was just in a hurry and didn’t want the temptation of “building an order.”

brit and BigD like this.
  15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I truly understand.

brit and Latherin’ Luddite like this.
  16. Latherin’ Luddite

Well............ I found myself on the WCS website, and when the dust had settled, I had a bottle of Proraso Wood & Spice aftershave in my cart. I also ended up with a small bottle of Indian Old Spice (my memory of the Shulton original is fading fast), a bottle of Fine Platinum cologne (I already have the aftershave), and a cute little Yaqi brush that’s a lot different than any others I have.

BigD and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

smells interesting..:)

18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I have a cart with +$80 just sitting there awaiting just a few clicks. I'm GRUME. I need to wait.

brit and Latherin’ Luddite like this.
  19. Campion

Campion Active Member

Cool weather calls for tallow. Williams Mug Soap, Palmolive, Wilkinson, DR Harris and Speick sticks. I always liked Haslinger's Schafmilch in the autumn and winter, but I haven't tried the new non-tallow formula. I associate Proraso Sandalwood with the autumn as well. Plenty of reasonably priced options out there!

brit likes this.
  20. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

It smells like a walk through the woods during Autumn with all the leaves falling to the ground, kind of an earthy scent.

jaro and brit like this.