Fatip piccolo review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by matthewoli98, Apr 30, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

I was so excited to give the fatip piccolo a try, and i was even more excited to find out that this razor dini sent me was an open comb.

Ever since i started wet shaving, open comb razors have fascinated me. All my other razors,(the lions and aristocrat) are closed comb razors so i was very excited to try out an open comb.

After doing some research i discovered that the piccolo is rated very high on the aggressiveness scale, which isnt a problem, because i tend to prefer more aggressive razors.

I paired the fatip with one of the derby blades dini sent me, because I've heard that derbys are very smooth and not quite as sharp as something like the legendary feathers and blades like the 7 o'clock sharp edge.

And i have to say, it absolutely blew me away.
    Im able to get a bbs shave way quicker with the open comb aggressive piccolo than with my aristocrat,, and the fatip piccolo has now become my favourite razor. When i begin testing some of the sharper blades ill pair those with the aristocrat for the first shaves or so, but the piccolo is absolutely fantastic.

I have noticed however that if you arent careful when screwing on the handle it is possible for your blade alignment to differ from side to side. This is due to the pins on the head not being precisely the same diameter as the holes on the base plate.

The quick fix to eliminating this problem is to put the head with the blade in on a towel, put on the base plate and slowly screw on the handle, doing this takes about five seconds, but the blade alignment is perfect every time and much better than tightening the top cap on by hand.

Overall this razor offers value for money that cannot be beat, and my next razor will definitely be another fatip piccolo matched with the new less aggressive head to give it a try. Heck, i might buy one with the old head as well as one with the new head just because i love this razor so much!!!!!! :o::razorde[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Agree! So much so, that the Fatip is my only three piece razor remaining.

Leclec13 likes this.
  3. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Do you mean the Gentile?

4. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Yep,i wrote this post months ago, just copied it from a different forum.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk