Fatip razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hogie, May 5, 2022.

1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I currently own 2 Fatip razors. I like them both. The olive wood handled open comb is nice in the hand. Not a heavy razor. To me it is mild but, I don't know if I would recommend to a beginner. The slant is a bit more aggressive. I would say on par with the Muhle R41 or maybe a little more aggressive. Not overly expensive either.

DSCN5997.JPG DSCN6001.JPG DSCN6003.JPG

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If they could fix their QC and blade alignment issues, they would/could be a top tier razor brand. Seems like for every two good razors they make, the third one is defective. It's probably closer to one defective in twenty, but unhappy people tend to be vocal, and that skews the perception.

They do make nice looking razors though.

Lockback, Gasman and Hogie like this.
  3. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

The open comb olive wood handled one has good alignment. The slant tho, I have to work to make sure I get the same exposure on both sides. So, I see what you mean. It still shaves nice tho

4. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

FaTip‘s are great razors. Thankfully I had no problems with my razors with blade alignment. Heared of a few which had minor problems, but no big issues.

I have a V2 and V3 Grande. There is a huge difference in blade exposure. V3 is much more muted and you do not need to pay that much of attention during the shave. Don‘t get me wrong, this razor still shaves VERY close in comparison to V2 but it is smoothed out due to the less blade exposure.

I do not use my FaTip that often but when I do I enjoy the shave a lot. Found out that it pairs very well with a Shark blade for me.

Hogie and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I had a couple and they were gorgeous and i loved the design and weight but i didnt enjoy the shaves so i moved them on.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

What issues did you have? Didn‘t you like the blade feel or the shave in general?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Just the shave in general. It might have been the blade feel but the more i tried to dial in my technique with them the worst my shaves got and since i have sooo many razors, it just made sense to me to move them along.

Hogie and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  9. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I do have to watch mine when inserting a blade to make sure the alignment is good. Mine are back in their boxes now and have not been used in a while. I have 3 Fatips now. I will still use them from time to time. I do like them. I just have so many other razors to use. :)

10. Gasman

Gasman Active Member

I have the Classic FOCS, Grande (dont know what version), and the Testina. Blade alignment is an issue. But knowing this I just have to set the blades correctly and they are fine shavers. Not my favorites but the looks and price make them hard to beat if you just want another Safety Razor.