Favorite Craft Beer

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Key2Wellness, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

Have been a long time Dogfish Head fan. What are some of your favorite craft beers?

2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Troegs makes some tasty beer. If you ever happen to be in the Hershey, PA area, stop by their brewery. They also have some of the best food I've ever eaten.

Carbide Mike and Jim99 like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'll promote some of my native Alabama breweries. Great beers!

Avondale Brewing, Good People, Cahaba Brewing, Yellowhammer, Blue Pants, Fairhope Brewing.

There are so many micro-breweries that it's impossible to know what's available regionally and locally. These are some fantastic local beers. Check them out if you're down South.

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Kuhnhenn Brewing Co out of Warren MI. They make the best beer I have ever had, hands down. Even won medals world wide for some of their beers, their Drippa is a 9.5% double rice IPA that is very complex. citrus notes, a bit hoppy, but a very tasty beer. Was lucky enough to have a pint of their Bohemian Pilsner yesterday, another great beer from these guys. Highly recommend it if you can get your hands on some, you will not be disappointed. Large list of beers to choose from and something for everyone, even homemade wine, mead, and eisback.

5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Also a long time Dogfish Head 120 IPA fan

dogfish-head-120-minute-ipa.jpg :eatdrink047:

Carbide Mike and Key 2 Wellness like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I am not sure it is really still craft beer, but I like most of the Victory offerings. If you can find Hopdevil on Nitro tap, I suggest having one. Heavenly.

Nugget Nectar is delicious.

7. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

@PanChango, the Java Head and Nitro Chocolate Stouts are two of my favorites. I was never big on dark beer before trying these.

Carbide Mike and PanChango like this.
  8. Key 2 Wellness

Key 2 Wellness Active Member

Interested in their breakfast beer and pennsylvania tuxedo. Plus the World Wide Stout is now out. Need to buy some to drink and then some to age.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. Key 2 Wellness

I am in the Hershey/Harrisburg area often. I am very aware of their beers. Very good.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. Key 2 Wellness

Victory is about 15 minutes from my house. They have a nice restaurant/pub.

Carbide Mike and PanChango like this.
  11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

De Leckere produces some very fine beers. Maximus also has some interesting beers, and their brewery is actually five minutes from where I live :)

Carbide Mike likes this.
  12. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

When Im back home in Wisconsin, I always stock up on New Glarus. If you ever find yourself in a bar in Wisconsin, order yourself a Spotted Cow. Youre welcome. I live in Columbus, OH though, so usually I drink one of our local beers: usually Land Grant or Zauber.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Dallas/Ft. Worth has several local breweries turning out some terrific beers. To name a favorite? Not Possible!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Riverhorse Ale. Brewed right down Rt. 29 from me in Lambertville NJ

15. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

I like a local brewery called Mulley's. Their hefeweizen and Oyster Shucker Ale is damn good. Patuxent Pale Ale isn't bad either.

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Troegs
    Victory
    Dogfish
    My own!

I've been brewing my own for 40 years now and grow my own hops. I've resurrected 200+ old recipes. I love beer!

dustmite and Carbide Mike like this.
  17. RetLEO-07

I should say so, with that resume.
    :eatdrink047:

18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm enjoying my own homebrew right now. Better than anything you can buy anywhere!

Happy New Year!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

:eatdrink047:

I missed my calling in life back in 1977.

:(

Oh well!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  20. RetLEO-07

And to you and yours. Finished my rum ration and I'll be headed for the goosehair shortly