Favorite Synthetic Knot???

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by poppi, Jun 9, 2022.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have a couple of handles that need new knots and want to use synthetic ones as I seem to prefer them to boar/badger.

Any suggestions? And why that one?

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also like Tuxedo knots. But I have a Synbad synthetic on an APShave brush my GF uses, very nice.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  3. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I agree that a Synbad knot from AP Shaveco is excellent. It feels great and the brown color with white tips looks great with certain handles. I have used several of them.

You might also like to try the cashmere knots from the same vendor. PAA has a fan shaped knot with the same fiber as the cashmere knots. I recently used 2 of the PAA knots and they are outstanding.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011:

5. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I should mention one other knot you might want to try. AP Shave Co. Has a knot called 2Bed. It has the look of two band badger,
    Dark with light tips. Great face feel, not quite as pillowy soft as the others.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

I can heartily recommend both APShave Co’s G5C and G5A. Both have allegedly next generation fibres from Japan and Germany respectively and are not supposed to twist or tangle in the centre after many uses. The G5C in particular is a fine looking knot that can be difficult to tell apart from 2-band badger. I’ve carved a few brushes for folks using the G5C and their feedback has been terrific. I’ve set a G5A knot in a Chisel & Hound handle and again, the brush’s owner is over the moon with the knot.

I have a soft spot for the Cashmere too. Looks great, so soft and my fiancée approves. That’s her brush below which I keep pinching!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great looking handle, I'll have to try my hand at carving.

:happy096:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Gairdner like this.