Feather blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sparky5693, Sep 29, 2007.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I heard a rumor today, that feather blades will soon be limited in the united states. I was told from a reliable source, that only classic shaving will be allowed to sell them to us residents. I immediately checked cotton blossom.
    Doesn't look good...

2. Pauldog

Pauldog New Member

The blades I have are strictly old stock, and the guy I got them from told me that Feather told him that Classic Shaving has the exclusive right to sell new stock in the USA. This may be the original source of the "rumor", which I think is more than a rumor.

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I don't know anything about the US-market but I know for a fact that Germany also only has one official supplier of Feather-blades.

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Hmm... they only sell they by the 10 pack too, no bulk options. That could be annoying unless I missed their bulk option?

5. fritz

fritz New Member

I wonder if that problem extends to Canadian ebayers...
    I just in general don't like monopolies.::ban

6. minderasr

minderasr Member

Wonderful. I recently decided these were the blades for me.

:rolleyes:

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Saw that classic shaving is selling the blades for basically .60 cents a blade

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Well, doesn't that just (filling in the blank) if it's true. Now, I have to hoard my favorite blades? Doesn't make sense in one way. There has to be a distributor involved unless ClassicShaving is acting as both the U.S. distributor and retailer. Double edged blades are used for many applications not just shaving.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Yeah...time to go with the Swiss Gillettes :p

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Now try finding those in bulk. :p Good thing I have like 200 Derby and 300 Isreali IP Blades. ;)

11. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Huh. Not my faves, but my second faves. This really sucks, maybe it's time to become a distributor for Canada and retire early...

at 10:30 pm every night

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

It has been my experience that any company that get an exclusive right to any product at all seems to think that they can raise prices into the stratophere, for example Gillette Corp. In my humble opion this is enough to disqualify Feather blades from winning the race to be my mainstay blade. There are just too many other lower cost blades to warrant me paying an arm an a leg for Feather. This is one of the reasons why I bailed from those terrible cartridge razors to begin with. I will not put up with any company trying to take advantage of me. In my humble opinion sixty cents a blade is four times what I am willing to pay for blades. I can get blades for fifteen cents.

13. fritz

fritz New Member

Swiss Gillettes? Is that a neutral sort of blade? :D:D

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I think you mean Swedish:D But maybe there are Swiss Gillettes;)

Raf

15. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Swiss Gillettes are easily the sharpest blades on the planet. Problem is you can't convince them to come onto your side and cut anything.. :rofl

Joking of course if we have any Swiss here... Love your chocolate!;)

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

ROFL...i meant Swedish Gillettes.

Tells you how much i know about DE shaving :p

17. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Never really cared for any blades with the name Gillette on them, last time I tried them they made my face look like I had put it through a meat grinder. I guess what Michael Ham often says is really true, everyone reacts differently to different blades.

18. fritz

fritz New Member

Well, to every rule there is always an exception (including that rule). In the case of the Rusian Gillettes, everyone seems to react the same...poorly.

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Oh contraire. ;)

The Red Russians (as I call them) are just fine with me.

20. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Another forum told me the same thing as what fitz tells me. Not this forum but someone did a survey of all of the west shavers that they could contact russian gillettes satsified zero people.