Feather DE blades in Romania

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Engblom, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Next week I am going to be in Romania, but sadly I forgot to send my Feather DE blades there. Now it is too late, it would not arrive in time. Is it possible to find Feather DE blades locally there? If not, what other DE blades do you find there?

If here is anyone from Romania having a tuck of Feather blades, I could also buy from you if you are able to post it today.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    RyX likes this.
  2. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

Can't you put some in your checked luggage?

3. Engblom

Nope, I am flying with Blue Air and razor blades appear high up on their list of forbidden items. I might have found another solution: there are actually quite a few Romanian sites selling shaving gears. I made an order on one of these sites having them to deliver the blades (and some creams) to the address I am going to visit.

Enrico and RyX like this.
  4. kfbrady

@Engblom,

On Monday I put up your question on Blue Air’s website under their general inquiries on their contact page. They responded today...

Dear customer,

Your request was managed on 02.08.2018 at 02:51 o’clock.

Dear Mr. Kevin Brady, Thank you for your interest in Blue Air. Regarding your request, we wish to inform you that you can carry your razor blades only in your hold lugagge for security reasons. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us via a new contact form (https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/contact/#) or via our Customer Care Department (https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/contact/ and select the country where you are).

Thank you for choosing Blue Air services and we hope to see you again soon on board of our aircraft!”

Sincerely,

Blue Air Team

If you’d like me to forward you the complete email just PM me.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Engblom likes this.
  5. Engblom

Still if you look at https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/DangerousGoods/ it is saying:
    So highest up the this list.

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Copied from the site you provided ...

Not everything is suitable for putting into the hold. We recommend you keep the following items with you at all times: medicine, cash and credit cards, personal ID, insurance policies, contracts and other important documents, jewelry, fragile items and electronic devices (laptops, cameras, chargers).

At Blue Air, we want to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort! For this reason, the following items are forbidden in the security restricted area or the passenger cabin of the plane:

I believe what they are speaking of is that they are not allowed on the cabin of the plane AKA carry on. They are not talking about if you check it in your luggage.

Regardless, it sounds like you have a solution. :)

Engblom likes this.
  7. kfbrady

Putting items such as knives, razor blades, etc. in checked luggage is a very common - and sensible - airline restriction.

In Blue Air's case I think some of the confusion is caused by English not being their native language and the translation on their website lacks some precision.

Enrico likes this.
  8. KimNB

KimNB Active Member

I would be surprised if there is a problem with razor blades in your checked luggage. I would trust the direct response over the general web information. Flying within Canada I have flown several times with blades (and other sharp items like kitchen and pocket knives) with no problem but YMMV. Stick a disposable cartridge razor in your carry on to cover you for a day or two if you run into a problem like confiscated blades or lost luggage.

9. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

If you are allowed to put a firearm in checked luggage (unloaded in a locked, hard sided case), I don't see why they would prohibit you from carrying a razor blade.

10. Easy Going

Easy Going Member

How sad -- Traveling without your Feather best friend.

11. Engblom

Now I am back from the trip. Ordering online from a Romanian site worked well. I could pick up the blades from the first address I visited. Additionally I picked up three Speick shaving cream tubes there.

RyX and markjnewcomb like this.